lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Well done, Saoirse! :hooray:

Today I ripped apart a chapter, and outlined the changes needed to a few coming up. The large changes I plan to make later in the book cause small changes earlier on (of course), and it's not always little tweaks. Sigh.

Tomorrow: New Chapter 12, dammit.

Marissa D

Scribe of the girls in the basement
Registered
Reaction score
New England but hankering for the old one
Website
www.marissadoyle.com
Picking away at the bits and pieces that need to be done on various tasks, and back to writing the next novella in a series...which is a near-miraculous thing, as writing's been hard lately. Though my agent would probably rather I were working on a new YA...

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Sorry writing's been rough, Marissa D. Good going on the novella!

I revised one chapter and rewrote about half of the next. It's slow going, but I feel like I've got a much better handle on it than I did before.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Finished revising that chapter today. Reasonably happy with it, although I think the whole thing is going to want another pass after this revision before I release it to beta. Whee!

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
:cheers all progress:

I have good news. I just picked up another client for virtual assisting. \ o / My little business is growing!

335 words on Oubliette last night.

Marissa D

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.marissadoyle.com
Got some editing notes back on the short story from the anthology editor--not a lot, so I should be able to finish addressing them this afternoon...and sent what I have of new YA off to Agent Lady. And another three pages on the current novella. Some progress...

I would love to need a VA some day, Saoirse! Good on you.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Congratulations, Saoirse! Wishing your business continued growth. And well done on Oubliette!

Excellent progress, Marissa D! You've got a lot going on right now.

I didn't get a ton done today, but I did get in some revisions on the short, along with a little promo stuff. I'm wrestling a bit with what to do with the short - it's kind of asking for a pseudonym, but that's pretty much guaranteeing it'll get no exposure at all. Still.

LARRYD

Your Tiki Tour Guide
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.larrydarter.com
Been a bit scarce around these parts this week. It's been a busy one for me as I've been heading towards to the finish line with Mare's Nest. While I didn't have much time for the webs this week having even slacked on my social media stuff, the writing has been good. I managed to write every day, including today and wrote a total of 11,572 words for the week. Best guess, Mare's Nest first draft is now about 75-percent complete. Wednesday I was horrified to discover a major plot hole, but got that all sorted and I'm on the downhill side of things now.

Having reviewed the posts I've missed, it seems everyone else has had a very productive week too. Good on you all! :hooray:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
LARRYD, congratulations on approaching The End! (Late plot holes are such fun, aren't they?)

Today was mostly taken up by Sunday relaxation, and getting the newsletter ready for tomorrow. I did a few light revisions, but nothing reportable. Tomorrow will be better!

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Marissa, progress is good!

Liz - Thanks! Well done on the revisions, promo, and newsletter (which reminds me, I need to send one out ASAP!).

Larry - Congrats on the words and for being 75% done. Whoohoo!

I wrote 147 words on Oubliette yesterday. I had another freelance job to finish up, so time was so limited. Hoping for better today.

Marissa D

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.marissadoyle.com
Saoirse, you're good!

My output isn't high this week because I'm taking three (yeah, I'm an idiot) online classes right now--one on blurb writing, one on visual marketing, and one on improving your visibility. Even better, I'm getting a lot out of them. But between them and spending a good chunk of Sunday on figuring out how to use an Apple computer in order to upload a book directly to the iBookstore (umm, no, sorry, they AREN'T "more intuitive" than a PC--they're just different) AND looking for images for an upcoming book cover for the designer, my output is going to be low for the next several days. Sigh. But things are getting crossed off my to-do list, so I'm happy. Now excuse me while I go write...a blog entry. :tongue

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Marissa, thanks. Good luck with your to do list.

OSG - Hugs. Hopefully that will change soon.

561 words on Oubliette. I'm less than 2k away from 50k which was my goal for this month. :D

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Got quite a bit done today, actually. Integrated some notes, and made notes on another big section. Once those notes are integrated I'll be more than halfway through the revision. Of course, the last third needs to be pretty much rewritten from scratch, so it's going to be a lot slower at that point...

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Congratulations on the new job, Saoirse! :hooray: And go, Oubliette! :e2cheer:

Integrated my notes today, which included rewriting a couple of sections. Next up: a ~13K word section that represents the last of the story I'm not going to have to completely rewrite.

I'm exhausted, but still further along than I thought I'd be at this point.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Thanks, Liz! Good luck with the 13k section. :) I know that exhausted feeling. I just finished up some work for the new job a few hours ago.

454 words on Oubliette. I'm happy to have gotten any at all the way I am feeling. I had a minor procedure done this morning (with sedation) and I am ready to drop.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
992 words last night on Oubliette.

Um...I was let go from the new job today. After working less than a week. She said we were not a good fit. My head is still spinning and I just don't understand. I think this is my record for being let go the quickest (actually, I've never been let go from any job...just laid off. So this is a first.)

Feeling crummy. Gonna play some Guild Wars. And write, too.

Last edited:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
992 words last night on Oubliette.

Um...I was let go from the new job today. After working less than a week. She said we were not a good fit. My head is still spinning and I just don't understand. I think this is my record for being let go the quickest (actually, I've never been let go from any job...just laid off. So this is a first.)

Feeling crummy. Gonna play some Guild Wars. And write, too.

Oh, Saoirse, I'm so sorry. :Hug2: Look after yourself however you need to.