Finished first draft!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiteya

Registered
Reaction score
I'm super excited to say I finished my first draft! It's a total train wreck lol, but hey, it's done. I'm so happy! I'm really stoked that I finished it before I graduate high school. It's my first of two novels, this one's fantasy. It's been tough keeping up with homework and doing the novel at the same time, but it's been fun! It took about four months, which I guess is ok cause I had to keep up with grades and stuff. I'm just so happy about it!!! I've been dreaming of writing this book for my whole life!!!

p.s. sorry for all the exclamation points, I'm just really excited!!

Flanderso

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! I would like to say that this is the biggest step, but there will no doubt be bigger.

Qwest

Here on a catnap
Registered
Reaction score
Well done! A huge accomplishment. Bask in the joy. And good on you for getting it done while you've got so much going on. Four months is pretty short for a first draft, actually. My last book took me 5 years on and off... ok, there were about a squillion drafts and each one was radically different.

Next step is finding decent betas! Good luck.

Jan74

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm super excited to say I finished my first draft! It's a total train wreck lol, but hey, it's done. I'm so happy! I'm really stoked that I finished it before I graduate high school. It's my first of two novels, this one's fantasy. It's been tough keeping up with homework and doing the novel at the same time, but it's been fun! It took about four months, which I guess is ok cause I had to keep up with grades and stuff. I'm just so happy about it!!! I've been dreaming of writing this book for my whole life!!!

p.s. sorry for all the exclamation points, I'm just really excited!!
Ha love it! Congrats!!!! Mine is going to look very similar when I finish!

Status
Not open for further replies.