Bald Eagle Nest Cam in Oklahoma

Larry M

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
This refuge is about 30 or so miles as the eagle flies. I love that I have seen two bald eagles in the wild since we moved down here.

They're expecting three eggs to hatch in the next week or so.

http://www.suttoncenter.org/live-bald-eagle-nest-camera/

Very cool.

I have not been fortunate enough to see a bald eagle in the wild. Several years ago, on an elementary school field trip to the Cameron Park Zoo in Waco, Texas, my class stopped to look at two caged bald eagles, sitting quietly on perches. They were only about 20 feet from us, when one eagle suddenly lifted his/her head, and spread his wings. 20 kids and their teacher (me) took an involuntary step or two back, and every single kid said, "whoa." It was a spectacular display, with those wings stretched nearly 8 feet from tip to tip.

Those 2nd graders talked about that experience for months after. I can only imagine the wonder of seeing those majestic birds flying free.

cmhbob

Did...did I do that?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bobmuellerwriter.com
I can only imagine the wonder of seeing those majestic birds flying free.

Both were side-of-the-road experiences. I drove by the first one before I realized what it was. When I turned around to look again, it was already gone. The second one was in the same general location; the bird was picking up a dead raccoon, and almost got hit by a car for its efforts. The coon was heavy enough that the bird didn't gain altitude right away, and flew across the road at about 5 feet, only slowly gaining altitude.

Larry M

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Both were side-of-the-road experiences. I drove by the first one before I realized what it was. When I turned around to look again, it was already gone. The second one was in the same general location; the bird was picking up a dead raccoon, and almost got hit by a car for its efforts. The coon was heavy enough that the bird didn't gain altitude right away, and flew across the road at about 5 feet, only slowly gaining altitude.

What a great experience.

forsusan

Registered
Reaction score
There is a live camera on a bald eagle nest in Johnson City Tn. Do a search for ETSU bald eagle live camera. There are 3 eggs and they should be hatching in about a week.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Here's another eagle nest cam - this one in Anacostia, in southwest Washington, DC. As I post this we are in the middle of a major windstorm and that nest is rockin' and rollin'.