• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta readers for Will & Jordan (Y/A, 70,000 words)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paula Davids

Banned
Reaction score
You know that people always used to worry that psychopathic robots would enslave or exterminate us. Or hoped that someday god-like machine minds might guide and rule with benevolent detachment.
But, the reality is, the health – mental and otherwise – of the world’s first artificial super-intelligence rests on its friendship with a fifteen-year-old inner London schoolboy.
The future depends on it!

I’ve got this story polished, ready to submit to agencies. At least, that’s what I feel when I’m optimistic. But the truth is that there’s probably still some way to go, grinding down, refining the concept, the approach.
I need tough beta readers who won’t hesitate to tell me what they think is slow or poorly pitched – even if it means a substantial re-write for me. I’d really like some teen readers: this book is aimed at teens and they are the best ones to judge on whether something about it is lame. But I’d also like some adult readers, with jaundiced eye and deeply etched cynicism (about writing for publication…).

How about we start with 1500 words or so – just to see if it works out for both of us.
I don’t mind reading your work if you want to do a deal.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
If you're cool waiting until March, Paula, I can give you a beta read. I'm a very matter-of-fact and wordy beta, so don't be surprised by a lot of notes from me.

Paula Davids

Banned
Reaction score
Sage,

Ta! Thank you. I’m sure I will still be refining away in March. I’ll be in touch then.

Regards, Paula

storiesinmyhead

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, I don't know if you still need someone, but if you are I would be interested. I'm no longer a teen, but hopefully my adult perspective can help!

If you have the time I have a YA contemporary my own that I'm working it. In short, it's about a girl dealing with a family that has fallen apart, a new best friend, and some minor criminal mischief.

Let me know if you'd be interested!

BonafideDreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, I don't know if you still need someone, but if you are I would be interested. I'm no longer a teen, but hopefully my adult perspective can help!

If you have the time I have a YA contemporary my own that I'm working it. In short, it's about a girl dealing with a family that has fallen apart, a new best friend, and some minor criminal mischief.

Let me know if you'd be interested!

I would be willing to do an author swap with both of you. My story is also YA.

j_catalyst

Registered
Reaction score
I got some free on my hands and would love to find a good read. Preferably YA or NA romance, suspense, or humor.

Email me if you would like another pair of eyes for your story.

[email protected]

- - - Updated - - -

I got some free on my hands and would love to find a good read. Preferably YA or NA romance, suspense, or humor.

Email me if you would like another pair of eyes for your story.

[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.