Going On Sub - can anyone share?

detroitgirl

way out west
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.debbywolfinsohn.com
HOWDY!

SO I was wondering ! are there any fine folks out there who have gone out on sub with their agent and lived to tell about it (and would be willing to SHARE :p)

i am at this (exciting, terrifying, nail biting) stage and........just would love to hear other's stories. Hard to find em online.

It might not help, exactly, but I know it would be better than eating stale gummy bears and refreshing my email and twitter every 15 seconds.

THANKY!

THANKY!

Marissa D

Scribe of the girls in the basement
Registered
Reaction score
New England but hankering for the old one
Website
www.marissadoyle.com
Er, what do you want shared? The best way to survive is not to think about it and start working on a new book.* Because, realistically, going out on sub, even with an agent, is not at all a guarantee of a sale.

*Either that or start looking for a better substitute for stale gummy bears. Trader Joe's roasted Marcona almonds with rosemary are much nicer and even semi-healthy. I buy 'em four bags at a time.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think we have a whole forum page for that somewhere - but I can't find it! It used to be called the Third Circle of Hell or something.

Will keep looking. Good luck, DetroitGirl. Breathe. Step away from the gummy bears.

ETA: Found it!

Last edited: