Can you post larger pieces as links to google doc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nunuvin

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the forum. From what I have read so far it feels like posting large pieces is a pain as the submission form ruins formatting. So is posting a link to a google doc acceptable or posting in thread is the preferred way?

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Posting in a thread is usually preferred since it makes replying and quoting much easier. When you click on the "reply with quote" option underneath a post, it ports the OP over the reply automatically and formats it for a response. Linking to a Google Docs file would require the responder to copy and paste from the file, leaving them to reformat for spaces, line breaks, etc., that might not match due to the size and shape of the response boxes here.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Ben's got it 100%. You'll also get fewer responses because not everyone is willing to go to a random google doc from someone they don't know well. It's an instant "turn around and walk out" for me when I see someone's posted a link to a google doc instead of just posting their story or an excerpt in the thread.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the forum. From what I have read so far it feels like posting large pieces is a pain as the submission form ruins formatting. So is posting a link to a google doc acceptable or posting in thread is the preferred way?

Nope.

There are stickies in SYW about formatting.

Moreover, expecting people to read long chunks isn't really fair. If you want a Beta reader, you can work with that person via PM about the best way to manage the Beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.