Anybody got a cooking bucket list?

Justobuddies

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Registered
Reaction score
I do this every year...but I prefer scallions to onions. The green tops add a lovely green flavor to salsa (pico de gallo, actually.) And don't forget Mexican oregano and garlic.

I've never grown scallions, do they grown like onions, do fauna tend to leave them alone for the most part? I have trouble with rabbits and the occasional opossum getting into my garden.

I actually don't have a blender & don't mind chopping, so chunky it is. I might start with jalapenos & also wondering if lime might zazz it up. Quite excited!

I've always made my salsa with fresh tomatoes, usually about 4-5 of them I'll dice two and throw the rest in the food processor and puree them, can to that with a knife too if you've got a way to save the juice. Then add cilantro, peppers (jalapeno, serrano, habenero, roasted hatch chile, or whatever pepper flavoring you're after), lime, onion, and if only serving adults, I'll stir in a shot or two of tequila.

I've roasted salsa also, put all the ingredients (except the big chunky tomatoes) in a saucepan and simmered for a few hours before adding the big chunks of tomato, let the big chunks get hot, serve.