Looking For An 'Out Of Print' eBook

Lynn_M

Registered
Reaction score
Who would have thought it possible that an eBook would be discontinued? Well, it happens. I don't suppose there's anyone out there that can help me out, as I'm looking for 'With This Heart' by Dakota Trace. I've read the sample which I aquired from Amazon and was really enjoying it. Maybe a member bought it and had it printed out. Just hoping

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know about finding that particular book, but ebooks go "out of print" all the time, when the author withdraws the rights at the end of the contract and does not immediately self-publish. It also happens when epublishers go out of business, although then the author may be barred from self-publishing because the book's remaining contract is an asset creditors can claim.

Does Ms. Trace have an online presence? Even without knowing her, I know she'd enjoy an inquiry about where an eager reader can buy her book.

Maryn, who has received no such questions

edutton

Ni. Peng. Neee-Wom.
Registered
Reaction score
You can also check if your local library participates in the inter-library loan program, it might be obtainable that way - especially if there was ever a print edition. I've got hold of some discontinued titles that way.

Last edited:

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
She's on Goodreads and has a website (although it seems to be defunct, and her Goodreads page hasn't been updated for some time). You could try contacting her directly via her Facebook page: Dakota Trace.

Lynn_M

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there

I've been in touch with the author via Facebook, which was a great suggestion, but unfortunately, she hasn't got back. I have a feeling that Dakota Trace has had second thoughts regarding her novel 'With This Heart' and has withdrawn it for whatever reason, but who knows, maybe it'll re-appear somewhere, someday. Thanks to you all, though for your suggestions