Wood from the Trees. Trump's Election Campaign Finances

Davy The First

Registered
Reaction score
Wood as in grounds for public backlash...

To me, it's not just his inauguration monies that are interesting, it's his campaign monies, both for 2016 AND for 2020.

Isn't there rules about what 'excess' funds can be spent on? At the moment, I assume Trump has decided to play those excess 2016 monies forward to 2020, so they become campaign funds again - but is this legal? Also, he aint gonna run in 2020, that's just a cover for those excess funds.

Trump, without doubt, sees campaign funds, or any other kind of donation, as a personal gift to him - and will treat it as such. There is the potential indictment or bad press that would move his base.

What happened all those small donations? And the excess from the 107 MILLIONS dollars for his one day party?

I believe Trump truly thinks he is beyond the law, always has. I've no doubt he's breaking the law in these campaign money matters, if one can dig deep enough, and find that payment/ transfer into his personal bank account.

We know he illegally used charity monies to but a painting of himself among other things (why has that story gone away?), so he'll def do the same with political donations.

"Almost one year after President Donald Trump took the oath of office, millions of dollars from his leftover inauguration funds have still not been donated to the charities they were promised to.

Trump's inauguration committee raised a record-breaking $107 million as his administration prepared to assume the White House last year, but very little has been disclosed about where the remaining money was allocated.

As the one-year anniversary of Trump's inauguration approaches, a government watchdog group is questioning why the funds disappeared, and a congressman is proposing legislation to keep future administrations from obscuring their own inaugural donations."
from

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-inauguration-money-still-missing-783934

Last edited:

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
One would think there'd be public backlash over this...

And blatant violations of the Constitutional emoluments clause...

And... and... and...

Yet somehow, his belief that he is above all laws remains untouched.

I refer to SNL's recent skit: What Even Matters Anymore (YouTube link, some adult language)

Davy The First

Registered
Reaction score
Things like bankruptcy, tax avoidance, and emoluments are seen by some as 'intelligence' - sort of 'I'd do the same myself, in that situation'. His sexism, racism etc, likewise.

But using donations from his supporters to personally enrich himself, especially when promised to charities - that, even for the crazies, is different.

'Use the System' - fine

Use us? Not so fine.

Davy The First

Registered
Reaction score
Seems like Trump's inauguration funds hold an even greater significance that I thought....

from VOX
"What happened at Donald Trump’s inauguration 18 months ago, and why does special counsel Robert Mueller appear to be so interested in it?

Last week, ABC News’s Matthew Mosk and John Santucci reported that several wealthy Russians were “granted unusual access” to Trump inauguration parties back in January 2017 — and that Mueller was seeking to find out why.
This isn’t the first time we’ve heard of Mueller’s interest in the inauguration. Back in April, CNN reported that the special counsel was investigating “whether wealthy Russians illegally funneled cash donations directly or indirectly into Donald Trump’s presidential campaign and inauguration” — and had even questioned some oligarchs directly."

"Vekselberg is the main owner and president of the Renova Group, a massive Russian conglomerate with aluminum and oil interests, and is one of the richest people in Russia. He didn’t directly give any money to Trump’s inauguration. But his cousin, Andrew Intrater, an American citizen who runs a US company tied to Vekselberg’s company, donated $250,000. Intrater had also kicked in $35,000 to the Trump Victory Committee during the campaign, despite having no previous history as a major political donor.
Vekselberg and Intrater attended Trump’s inauguration together, and at the January 19 candlelight dinner, they were seated with Trump’s lawyer, Michael Cohen, according to ABC News. Later that year, that company run by Intrater paid Cohen’s shell company, Essential Consultants LLC, $500,000 — for, they claimed, real estate advice."

https://www.vox.com/2018/7/5/17505728/trump-inauguration-mueller-russians-rick-gates

From Russia, with so much Love. But why?
WHY? :D

Last edited:

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Nope. Just reading the tea leaves, is all....

Given what we have seen so far, I think it more likely that he will so desperately want to hang on to the BIG OFFICE that he will find an excuse to try to suspend the 2020 election and make himself President indefinitely. He is on record as expressing admiration for the idea of other leaders being named President-for-Life. I really don't put anything beyond the realm of possibility with this pathetic, psychotic man.

caw