What is a movie you like but everyone else hates?

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Nooo! I refuse. :tongue I don't know. I really enjoyed him in that movie, but I'm certainly open to other opinions.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
I am not saying he is not enjoyable, such opinions would border on utter absurdity.

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
It's amazing how much traction these movie threads are getting. Probably a good way to keep our minds off of other things.

Last edited:

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Dracula 2000.

Y’all can tell me all the reasons this isn’t a good movie and I do NOT care. (The Judas backstory is ludicrous; I admit that.) I lurve this movie:
1. Christipher Plummer :heart:
2. Omar Epps and Jonny Lee Miller and everyone else in the cast being so delightfully over the top.
3. GERARD BUTLER AS THE SEXIEST DRAC EVER. He can bite me any time.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Dracula 2000.

Y’all can tell me all the reasons this isn’t a good movie and I do NOT care. (The Judas backstory is ludicrous; I admit that.) I lurve this movie:
1. Christipher Plummer :heart:
2. Omar Epps and Jonny Lee Miller and everyone else in the cast being so delightfully over the top.
3. GERARD BUTLER AS THE SEXIEST DRAC EVER. He can bite me any time.

People hate this movie!? Why? Are they afraid of its dark sensuality? Pairs very well an equally sexy masterpiece known as Queen of the Damned. And as hilarious as QoD is, it's genuinely tragic because Aaliyah proved herself to be an amazing actor, equal parts sexy malevolence and hammy self-awareness.

Last edited:

tofiwillis

Registered
Reaction score
The Skeleton Key with Kate Hudson. This is a cerebral movie; at least the ending is. Some do not like it for the ending is unclear to many. This is not a movie I like to any great degree, but it is one of those movies that many hate. It is an okay movie.

I like The Others with Nicole Kidman. Many people do not like it. It also has a nice twist at the end of the movie.

I loved Skeleton Key. Some of the things it did are similar to Get Out. I like thrillers that are a bit...cerebral

Curlz

cutsie-pie
Registered
Reaction score
Battleship. They made a board game into a movie and the alien missiles look like the actual pegs you stick into ships in the game. Boom. So much funny action, too. And a hot dude. What's not to like? Duh! :banana:

Last edited:

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
I really liked Chappie.

There are people who like it as much as me, but sadly, there are not many. I think, to enjoy that movie, you have to have a high tolerance both for weirdos (Die Antwoord) and the sneaking suspicion you're watching a re-make of District 9, because the film provides a lot of both.

DarienW

Registered
Reaction score
Return to Oz. It's not universally hated, it just didn't do well in the box office.

I didn't only love it, I read the books, discovered they'd combined the next two for the plot, and c'mon, a head changing witch who chopped her choices off the Oz dancing girls! Shock treatment for Dorothy! Awesome claymation!

Fairuza Balk was amazing too!

I confess, the scarecrow, lion, and tin man based on the book's drawings was a bit jarring, but I loved the rest!

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Ah. Oh well.....maybe I can outrun you.....

Speaking of Balk - I like The Craft, but I know a lot of people diss it.
I liked The Craft as well. Just don't let anyone else know that.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Return to Oz. It's not universally hated, it just didn't do well in the box office.

I didn't only love it, I read the books, discovered they'd combined the next two for the plot, and c'mon, a head changing witch who chopped her choices off the Oz dancing girls! Shock treatment for Dorothy! Awesome claymation!

Fairuza Balk was amazing too!

I confess, the scarecrow, lion, and tin man based on the book's drawings was a bit jarring, but I loved the rest!

I've seen this described as a horror flick for kids, and I can see why. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't Judy Garland's Oz...