Hello from a Brit in Connecticut!

Yorkie1

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm pleased to meet you!

Born and raised in Yorkshire, England, I now live in Connecticut, USA. I'm an actor by trade and I love to read science fiction and fantasy, historical adventures, romance, humor, and non-fiction. I primarily write SFF.

I’m a Pitch Wars 2017 alumni, a member of The Women’s National Book Association (NYC Chapter) and a PRO member of the RWA (Romance Writers of America).

My interests include archery, kung fu, horseback riding, cosplay, video games, and volunteering at local hospitals with my Yorkshire Terrier, Boo (shown in my profile photo).

I'm looking forward to reading all your posts.

All the best,

Elizabeth

LARRYD

Your Tiki Tour Guide
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.larrydarter.com
Welcome Elizabeth, from another new person. Looks like a great place to get acquainted with other writers. Take care.

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
Hello Elizabeth. :welcome:

How long have you been in Connecticut, and how are the snowstorms treating you?

I'm still new as well. This is a fantastic community.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

tny.wlf

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Elizabeth! I'm a new member, too :) What's your current favorite book you're either reading now or have read recently?

Cheers!
Kiara

Yorkie1

Registered
Reaction score
I've lived in Connecticut for years, but every winter I consider moving further south! The snow and low temperatures have been brutal this year. At one point, the windchill was -20. I'm so looking forward to spring!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for the tips!

Yorkie1

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Kiara, nice to meet you!

I've just read a fun contemporary romance called Dating You / Hating You by Christina Lauren, about an office romance between Hollywood talent agents. How about you?

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
The south has a whole, new set of problems: hurricanes; humidity; redneck hooligans; and floods. We have to pick and choose what we endure, anywhere in the U.S. (unless money is no object).

Yorkie1

Registered
Reaction score
Good point! The grass is always greener . . . I'll stay put here in the Nutmeg State! :)

tny.wlf

Registered
Reaction score
Oooo, that sounds really interesting, I'll have to check it out for one of my next reads! I haven't started it yet, but I'm going to be reading Gillian Flynn's Sharp Objects about a reporter who goes back to her hometown to cover the murders of two young girls - a crazy psychological read. It sounds very eerie, but I heard it's hard to put down and I love thriller and suspense.

Is Romance your favorite genre?

Yorkie1

Registered
Reaction score
Oooo, that sounds really interesting, I'll have to check it out for one of my next reads! I haven't started it yet, but I'm going to be reading Gillian Flynn's Sharp Objects about a reporter who goes back to her hometown to cover the murders of two young girls - a crazy psychological read. It sounds very eerie, but I heard it's hard to put down and I love thriller and suspense.

Is Romance your favorite genre?

My favorite genre is SFF, but I do love to dip into historical and romance when the mood hits!