Hello From A Really Old New Member

katfireblade

Fluffy lurker in shadows
Registered
Reaction score
This feels weird since I joined way back in 2008, played around a bit, then got distracted by something shiny. So now I'm brand new while at the same time having been here a long time.

So... *waves wildly* ...hi?

• What genres do you write?

I write a mix of fantasy, horror, and romance, and it really depends on the story as to which genre it leans towards most.

• What do you like to read?​

I mostly read the genres I write in, though I do forays into mystery, sci-fi, adventure/thriller, poetry, and whatever else catches my eye. Fave authors are hard to pin down, though Tolkien, CS Lewis, Neal Stephenson, some of Simon R. Green's earlier stuff, Anne McCaffrey, Zilphia Keatley Snyder, Bonnie Reynolds, and Madeline L. Engle have all hit my re-read list.

• How long have you been writing?​

I think almost as long as I could put pen to paper. Apparently I have been all about creating stories, even as a very little tot.

• Do you beta read?​

Very soft yes to a hard maybe? Ideally, yes, absolutely. I also give less formal feedback pretty much on the reg. But my schedule has been fluxing from swamped to so bone dry I'd actually take a crisis to handle just to have something to do with such an alarming and unpredictable irregularity, I never want to give a hard yes to this question.

So TL;DR? Check with me. :tongue I am ready and willing, just sometimes not real able.

• Do you have any particular hobbies? Are you expert in any particular field or craft?​

I used to have hobbies, then I got real poor and crunched for time for a while, and now I barely remember what they were outside of writing (which is free). These days I play a lot of video games? Given more space, I'd color in coloring books, do scrapbooking, and get into creating stained glass. And maybe finally learn to draw. I'm working on the space thing now.

I suppose that's the basic rundown.
Hello again all. Pleased to meet'cha!

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back

joresgump

Registered
Reaction score
This feels weird since I joined way back in 2008, played around a bit, then got distracted by something shiny. So now I'm brand new while at the same time having been here a long time.

So... *waves wildly* ...hi?

• What genres do you write?

I write a mix of fantasy, horror, and romance, and it really depends on the story as to which genre it leans towards most.

• What do you like to read?​

I mostly read the genres I write in, though I do forays into mystery, sci-fi, adventure/thriller, poetry, and whatever else catches my eye. Fave authors are hard to pin down, though Tolkien, CS Lewis, Neal Stephenson, some of Simon R. Green's earlier stuff, Anne McCaffrey, Zilphia Keatley Snyder, Bonnie Reynolds, and Madeline L. Engle have all hit my re-read list.

• How long have you been writing?​

I think almost as long as I could put pen to paper. Apparently I have been all about creating stories, even as a very little tot.

• Do you beta read?​

Very soft yes to a hard maybe? Ideally, yes, absolutely. I also give less formal feedback pretty much on the reg. But my schedule has been fluxing from swamped to so bone dry I'd actually take a crisis to handle just to have something to do with such an alarming and unpredictable irregularity, I never want to give a hard yes to this question.

So TL;DR? Check with me. :tongue I am ready and willing, just sometimes not real able.

• Do you have any particular hobbies? Are you expert in any particular field or craft?​

I used to have hobbies, then I got real poor and crunched for time for a while, and now I barely remember what they were outside of writing (which is free). These days I play a lot of video games? Given more space, I'd color in coloring books, do scrapbooking, and get into creating stained glass. And maybe finally learn to draw. I'm working on the space thing now.

I suppose that's the basic rundown.
Hello again all. Pleased to meet'cha!

Welcome back, and congratulations for finding your way back in such a shiny world :)

Eviora

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back! I mostly write fantasy... what sort of stories are you working on? We have gaming in common, too! I play a lot of Blizzard games, plus platformers and RPGs. I've been bingeing Hollow Knight recently; I'm having a lot of fun with it!

katfireblade

Fluffy lurker in shadows
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for all the welcomes, guys! :)

Welcome back! I mostly write fantasy... what sort of stories are you working on? We have gaming in common, too! I play a lot of Blizzard games, plus platformers and RPGs. I've been bingeing Hollow Knight recently; I'm having a lot of fun with it!

I have several I'm working on. One is...really weird fantasy. I'm pretty sure it's against both multiple obscenity laws and, in several parts, the Geneva Convention. When, of course, my characters aren’t fishing babies out of chandeliers. I have no idea what I’m going to with this story, and I’ve stalled out on it in sheer frustration. I’ll probably still write it though, it’s a lot of fun.

I have an Urban Fantasy that I may or may not follow up on—somewhere in my frustration new ideas were apparently lobbed in my direction—you know how that goes.

And I have a fantasy of unknown subgenre in which I am trying to change the entire course of technology and discovering how little I know about steam engines.

I haven’t played Hollow Knight. I’ve been trying to get through Vincent Vran without putting it on an easy setting to kill the big bosses. It’s a lot of fun, very Diablo in play style, and just dripping with geeky references and jokes. When I get frustrated with that I play Ethan Carter, because apparently I discover good games late.

Maybe you can publish on the boards using gold-glittering background!

(and suddenly I remember the HTML blink element. Shame on me)

*fights temptation* Hmmmm...don’t think I’ve updated my user icon lately….

*goes full-on Firefly* Shiny!