• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking to beta swap Upper MG Fantasy (48k)

Status
Not open for further replies.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all, back again with a complete re-write of my latest novel, Stargazer. I have been meticulous of reading over this and editing it. I am looking for an experienced beta-reader and their fresh eyes to make sure of no plot holes, the pacing is solid, the writing is solid, and of course the enjoyment factor. It is complete at 48,000 words and I will beta any material and word count that you have in return. I have a tad over 20 betas under my belt and do line-by-line edits coupled with overall comments throughout a manuscript along with an overview email, but am of course willing to adjust to your desires. If you are interested, feel free to post in here or pm me with your experience and timetable.

Thanks so much everyone! Below is the query to get an idea of the material:

Twelve-year-old Finn is his brother’s last hope. The kingdom has branded him an army deserter; a crime punishable by death. It’s ludicrous. Finn enlists to discover the truth and whirls between sword practice and investigating his brother’s disappearance. But the leads are scarce: a star chart, a book of fairy tales, and well…that’s it.

Pages of star names longer than the alphabet and stories of magical trinkets only drowns Finn in hopelessness. Until he finds his brother’s apparent fellow deserter, Drake, hiding in the city, and uncovers the truth. Pirates kidnapped Finn’s brother to follow a trail of invisible stars only he could see. Except, Finn can see them too. And he recognizes them. They’re stars from the fairy tales. Apparently, they aren’t just stories after all, and the pirates have their greedy eyes on a nefarious flute. One that controls an immortal sea beast that blocks out the sun.

Finn navigates the dashed lines that twist and turn between the stars which illuminates the night sky into a giant treasure map. He and Drake island hop to places hidden from the world and battle stone men protecting millennium-old secrets about Finn’s special eyes. But Drake isn’t who he says he is. He was never even in the army, but a pirate all along. And, worse, Finn might not be chasing after his brother, but his ghost.

Stargazer is an upper Middle Grade fantasy complete at 48,000 words with series potential. This will appeal to fans of Brandon Mull’s work.

Status
Not open for further replies.