Formatting a Glossary page with MS Word

GoSpeed

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rjacques.net
I want to have a Glossary page at the end of my book but I am hung up on the format for the Glossary. How does one get a neat looking glossary page without using TABs? The Smashwords guide doesn't address this.

I want it to look something like this, but neat and organized

A-10 ......A ground attack jet aircraft
AI ......An Artificial Intelligence entity.
BMD ......A Tracked, amphibious Infantry Fighting Vehicle used to carry troops.
BMP .......A tracked Infantry Fighting Vehicle used to carry troops and features a turret and small cannon.
BTR ........An 8-wheeled armored vehicle used to transport troops.de-rez(z) To make something disappear
Javelin ....An anti-armor missile
LST ........Local Standard Time
NPC .......An archaic name for virtual AIs in virtual worlds.
rez(z) ....To make something appear
Stryker ..An 8-wheeled armored vehicle used to transport troops.
T-80 ......A Main Battle Tank

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Use indents instead.

Word
Definition of Word​

Another Word
Definition of Another Word​

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I like the look of the index AW Admin shared. It's easier for my eye to follow and wastes less space.

But if you want the other, use the Help menu to seek information on Tab Leaders--the string of periods that go between your word and its definition neatly aligned at the right. I am barely on speaking terms with Word 2016, but I've used tab leaders in older versions.

It appears to me like it's going to be an option under Index. First you write the entries, then you use Index (which I reached through that "what are you trying to do, idiot?" text box, so I don't know what it's a sub-category of), where tab leader is one of the options.

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
I like the look of the index AW Admin shared. It's easier for my eye to follow and wastes less space.

But if you want the other, use the Help menu to seek information on Tab Leaders--the string of periods that go between your word and its definition neatly aligned at the right. I am barely on speaking terms with Word 2016, but I've used tab leaders in older versions.

I think the point is that the OP doesn't want to use tabs?

I can't think of a way to do exactly what you want without using tabs, but you could use a format such as the one AW Admin posted.