Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's been round the clock news over here. I believe I now know most of what is in it. No surprises but 45 is certainly annoyed.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's been round the clock news over here. I believe I now know most of what is in it. No surprises but 45 is certainly annoyed.
Pretty big down here, too. I was worried it might get pulped before I could read it. ;)

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I so want to read it, and believe every trashy little word, though I'm aware of Wolff's rep, which makes me wary, but STILL. It's so soothing-seeming.

Don't worry about the book being vanquished.

To get the book pulled they'd have to sue and be able to prove it was libelous -- or, really, best case scenario for them, get some judge someplace to issue an injunction stopping sales, but that'd only last until the publisher appealed the injunction -- it'd be a stretch to find a multiplicity of federal judges willing to fuck around like that.

Aside from that Wolff says he has tapes of a lot of stuff, Trump and co. would have to, in open court, argue that specific things like that X said he's a moron, are completely untrue, and that the claim will cause harm to Trump's reputation (which... hah). Even if they were willing to do that, which I'd wager a ton they're not, they'd then have to either find a shitton of said claims to be untrue, or convince a judge that the one or two claims they proved outweighed the right to publish the book, instead of, say, issuing a retraction and removing the offending comment on reprint. In other words, the book is safe.

It's VERY hard in this country to stop someone from publishing something. Even concerns that have repeatedly lost libel suits, like the National Enquirer, are still up and running, because the First Amendment says "... congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of... the press." It's judicial gospel, bless our prescient founders.

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm kind of a morbidly curious about the contents, and not. I doubt anything in there would surprise me at this point, however.

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com

Spooky

Even the sphinx has eyes O_O
Registered
Reaction score
I'm half and half with Trump, I neither despise nor delight in his reign, but I do find it equal measure terrifying and amusing that he called himself a ''stable genius'', regarding the Fire and Fury *crosses arms soberly* I found it a poor attempt at echoing Truman with his rain of ruin prophecy, the world has seen what these things can do at this point, Kim and his crew of miscreants know damn well what they're rolling the dice against, fire and fury do not intimdate them and Trump needs to drop the strongman act and focus on what will jostle their applecart.

Last edited:

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm half and half with Trump, I neither despise nor delight in his reign, but I do find it equal measure terrifying and amusing that he called himself a ''stable genius'', regarding the Fire and Fury *crosses arms soberly* I found it a poor attempt at echoing Truman with his rain of ruin prophecy, the world has seen what these things can do at this point, Kim and his crew of miscreants know damn well what they're rolling the dice against, fire and fury do not intimdate them and Trump needs to drop the strongman act and focus on what will jostle their applecart.
There's an applecart?

Spooky

Even the sphinx has eyes O_O
Registered
Reaction score
There's a snozzberrycart, we're just not seeing the shelves nor the shavings to be had, there's a method to the madness, we're just not looking hard enough.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Recognizing that there is no greater meaning in the man himself may help us address his challenge. Reflecting on how such a small man ever came to occupy such an office may inspire us to prevent a repeat performance.

Just leaving this here

Last edited:

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
There's a snozzberrycart, we're just not seeing the shelves nor the shavings to be had, there's a method to the madness, we're just not looking hard enough.

I have no idea what most of that means, but if you're suggesting that this whole inglorious cock up is masterful planning and a cunning strategy by a man who is, like, really smart and a stable genius, then I...just...can't...

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score

I think people want to believe that there is some sort of method to his madness, because while it's a horrible thought to think that a machiavellian villain is at the helm, it's worse to know that a complete and utter idiot was elected to the highest office in the world.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think the book would be an interesting read, but don't need it to convince me DJT never should have been elected. His years of sexism, racism and bombastic BS did that long before he announced his candidacy. And his mocking of Serge Kovaleski sealed it. How anyone supported him after that is beyond me.

Twick

Registered
Reaction score
I think the book would be an interesting read, but don't need it to convince me DJT never should have been elected. His years of sexism, racism and bombastic BS did that long before he announced his candidacy. And his mocking of Serge Kovaleski sealed it. How anyone supported him after that is beyond me.

Because unfortunately, there are people who actually see that as funny rather than cruel and disgusting. The sort of people who hang around the school bully and snicker when he beats up smaller kids.

In other news: Wikileaks (which has ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY no connection with Putin and through Putin, Trump) decided to make a pirated version available, even though it's scarcely the sort of "leak" they normally go for, being a freely published work. This has ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY no intent of sabotaging F&F's time on the best-seller list.

Twick

Registered
Reaction score
I think people want to believe that there is some sort of method to his madness, because while it's a horrible thought to think that a machiavellian villain is at the helm, it's worse to know that a complete and utter idiot was elected to the highest office in the world.

I was rewatching Winter Soldier, and wishing if we had to have someone trying to take over the country, why couldn't it be someone like Alexander Pierce, who at least was trying to establish order out of a warped sense of concern for the world (not to mention having the brains and cojones to try to achieve his goals) than a petulant manchild.