What was the last magazine that published you?

Maria Ale Barrios

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, everyone!

Is night time here at the Caribbean so good night, writers. What was the last magazine where you published something? Can I read it?

Just out of curiosity and because I feel like reading.

Happy writing, guys.

zmethos

from words to worlds
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mpepperlanglinais.com

Maria Ale Barrios

Registered
Reaction score
Zmethos,

I read the second link. I loved the ending.

Peter,

I really enjoyed that, thanks for the read.

mafiaking1936

Nihil debetur. Nihil debens.
Registered
Reaction score

Taylor Harbin

Power to the pen!
Registered
Reaction score
NATURE, in the FUTURES section. In print Nature 548, 130 (03 August 2017),

also online here --> https://www.nature.com/articles/548130a

I got a very warm rejection from them just before Christmas. Hoping they like my new story.

As to the OP, it was Bards and Sages Quarterly, January 2017 "The Curse of Horace Jonah."

Been having a real hard time with sales lately. Many positive rejections, but that's it. :(

flowerburgers

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
What a nice request! I just had a piece called "On the Side of Leaving" published in Necessary Fiction. How about you?

zclesa

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bethburgess.co.uk
That is a nice question, isn't it? I hope more people share so we can read each others' stories.

Mine was Litro in the UK. You can read my story, "Throwaway Things" here: https://www.litro.co.uk/2016/06/throwaway-things/

It was an age ago, as I haven't had time to finish anything recently - and finishing it off for me is always the hardest part! Oh, aside from thinking where the heck to submit to. Lots of lit fic magazines say what they want, but seem to want to publish something altogether different. Sigh...

Happy reading and subbing everyone :)

mafiaking1936

Nihil debetur. Nihil debens.
Registered
Reaction score
Latest issue of Allegory e-zine came out yesterday, including one of my stories as a reprint :hooray:. They've been around for twenty years, so I hope they count at least as much as a print mag.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The most recent one was in Big Pulp, the December 2011 issue. I didn't try very hard, but I couldn't find the online version of the back issues. The editor Bill Olver was a joy o work with.

Wow, that's been a while ago. My one and only novel came out shortly afterward, at the same time I moved overseas where I did a deep dive and cranked out three novels (none published) and ignored my short stories. Then I hit a wall in 2014 when I came back and haven't even been writting anything at all. I get the itch once in a while but it doesn't sustain itself.

ETA: Here's the link to me in the AW Library. I know Port Iris is defunct, and I didn't follow all the links but the Big Pulp story is there (and one of my best).

ETA2: Well I'll be. Looking at my own list, I totally forgot Piker Press published me in 2012. Yep, been waaaay too long.

Last edited:

Lakey

professional dilettante
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I was published in GNU Journal a couple of months ago. There’s a link to the issue in my signature. :)

scullars

Writer/Bibliophile
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
I've had two short horror stories published in Weirdbook's last issues and one due to be published in an upcoming issue. Here is the cover of the current issue:

9781479437436_FC__26614.1521300629.500.700.jpg