Not open for further replies.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Hey,

Long time, no see. I know this forum hasn't heard a ton out of me. I went to college and then graduated into unemployment and depression. I've always deeply identified with myself through my writing, though, and such a long bout of not being a writer (the comics I make don't really scratch that itch), I'd started to really spiral downhill.

And then, like magic, over the last two days, I finished an outline for a novel. I've never outlined all the way from A to Z before. Everything was always seat-of-the-pants or a partial outline and then the thought, "eh, I'll wing it from here."

I don't know if this project will go anywhere, but it feels amazing to be back in the writer's chair.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, and welcome back! :partyguy:

ValerieJane

Registered
Reaction score
That's great, Bartholomew! Congratulations! I also think it's great to recognize what it is that makes you feel more yourself. Happy writing!

Quiet Melody

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! Outlining can be hard! It’s like you plan something, and then you get another idea that changes everything. At least that’s how it is for me. Good luck with your story!

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! Outlining can be hard! It’s like you plan something, and then you get another idea that changes everything. At least that’s how it is for me. Good luck with your story!

I had no idea how over-complicated I had made my idea until I took a popular outlining method and started cutting stuff off. And the stuff I cut is going to EASILY be a second book in the same setting. =)

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of the detailed outline. Not everybody needs it, but anyone who's got one can write part of that book, out of order if they choose. It's a huge accomplishment and a major step toward a goal of writing a complete draft, so congratulations. (Also, nice to see you again.)

Maryn, who outlines

D.L. Shepherd

Revising, revising, revising...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnaowczarek.com
I don't know if this project will go anywhere, but it feels amazing to be back in the writer's chair.

It sure sounds like you are off the a great start with it...outlining the entire thing in two days. Sounds like this one may be THE ONE. Have fun writing it!

Kithica

Registered
Reaction score
Well done, Bartholomew!! That's a huge accomplishment, and welcome back! I'm in the middle of my own first A to Z outline and it's an interesting process for sure. :)

thereeness

Registered
Reaction score
That's awesome :D As someone who's also gone from no-outlines to using outlines, I salute you for working so hard and getting it done!

Maria Ale Barrios

Registered
Reaction score
Hey!

We've all been there. That was me last year.

I'm so glad you're writing again and I'm sure this project or whatever you decide to write, will go well.

Sending you lots of good energy and best wishes your way!

Status
Not open for further replies.