Trump and Bannon Divorce Gets Ugly! Won't Someone Think of Children?

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Just read the entire statement. There are so many lines...SO many lines. Thanks for the laugh, potus. (I hope I don't choke on my popcorn.) :popcorn:

ETA: Don Jr is in on the act, too. Can't keep his mouth shut. His lawyers must hate him.

Last edited:

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Someone sure knows how to market a new book: release certain-to-be-HUGE headlines in a 25 page preview one week before the book is released.

Still, I do hope the Trump admin blows itself up before 45 starts using the North Korea crisis as his escape drug.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
It's been a crazy morning, I've agreed with Bannon about Trump and then Trump about Bannon. The amount of 11-dimensional chess going on right now is astonishing.

Twick

Registered
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of people when the quote first come out go, "Oh, Wolff isn't a reliable writer - he could have made that quote up." But Bannon hasn't denied it, and Trump hasn't played the "fake news" card. Which makes the quote seems legit.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Ever heard the tale of the Frog and the Scorpion?

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
It's been a crazy morning, I've agreed with Bannon about Trump and then Trump about Bannon. The amount of 11-dimensional chess going on right now is astonishing.

Yeah, I couldn't disagree with what Trump is saying about Bannon, nor with the things Bannon is saying about Trump. What's amusing is everything Trump said about Bannon in those statements are equally true of himself. All the adages about glass houses, twisted mirrors, and stopped clocks (being right twice a day) come to mind.

Ever heard the tale of the Frog and the Scorpion?

Yes, but in this case, who gave whom a ride across the river, and who stung whom after they landed?

What I'm wondering, though, is what Bannon thinks will come out of this besides money from his book. I had him pegged for a true believer in his anti-Enlightenment, Christian-apologist, anti-globalization, white-supremacist worldview, and in the short term, this will divide the movement and make it easier for the Democrats to take back Congress.

Bannon is many horrible things, but unlike Trump, one of them isn't stupid. Why does he think this will advance his goals long term?

Last edited:

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I giggled at several points, especially when he got to part about some calling it the most talented field of Republican candidates in history. Who called it that? All I remember was a lot of moaning about how, even with so many to choose from, there still wasn't a decent choice.

And does this mean that Brietbart is now "officially" fake news too? And how will this affect all the Trump supporters who get their news there?

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Bannon's been 'unchained' for some time now, ultimately I wonder what his aim is. I assume he's as racist, sexist, authoritarian, and drunk as he often seems, but it's hard to ascribe actual values to this man (whereas Trump believes in nothing, but also himself). Bannon's goal seems simply to stir the pot and assuage his ego by appearing as some kind of Machiavellian genius, I think as he becomes more irrelevant he's going to lash out more and try to gravely predict the Trump admin's doom. Not that's he's wrong, but I doubt this peanut knows as much as he appears to, seems like he's avoided the tangled web the 'sane ones' seem to be caught in, and I suspect that's because the inner circle didn't want to play with him. Plus, as much as I love it, I should point out that both Trump and Bannon get off on this nonsense, and the kayfabe is obvious.

ElaineA

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Bannon is many horrible things, but unlike Trump, one of them isn't stupid. Why does he think this will advance his goals long term?

Bannon's been 'unchained' for some time now, ultimately I wonder what his aim is.

There is no secret about what his aim is. It's been known a long time, and today's chaos fits very neatly with it:

“I’m a Leninist,” Bannon proudly proclaimed.

Shocked, I asked him what he meant. “Lenin,” he answered, “wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.” Bannon was employing Lenin’s strategy for Tea Party populist goals. He included in that group the Republican and Democratic Parties, as well as the traditional conservative press.

Tearing apart Trump is just another step in the long-term goal to burn America to the ground so that we may rise like a Bannon-faced Phoenix. *puke emoji*

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
There is no secret about what his aim is. It's been known a long time, and today's chaos fits very neatly with it:
Tearing apart Trump is just another step in the long-term goal to burn America to the ground so that we may rise like a Bannon-faced Phoenix. *puke emoji*

Thinking about it, I have to admit that I'm a little obsessed with Bannon. Charles P. Pierce on Esquire has got some really funny things to say about him. Bannon started out as your typical 80's guy, and through years and years of looking at unwholesome sites on internet developed his own form of meme mastery. His vision, if you can call it that, is complete nonsense, there doesn't seem to be any basis to his philosophy besides obscure, cult-like thinkers, and while he's a bit of an autodidact he seems cut whole-cloth from the scrum of inadequate males everywhere looking to get back at somebody because they were made fun of in middle school. The whole dark enlightenment mystique I can't take serious, as much as it does scare me. Most of all, whatever his philosophy is, I assume it's just a way to rationalize acting unscrupulously.

What Bannon does possess, which is almost nonexistent in politics, rare in the world, and common as discussions about 'said' on a writer's website, is imagination. He seems to understand the power that it has, and possesses a lot of it (as opposed to the more rote and obsessive Alex Jones), and I think this is particularly what's so disturbing about him.

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I love the whole Ivanka wants to be president thing -- I believe it, because they're idiots and don't understand that Hillary was not a blonde lady who lived in the WH and thus was somehow qualified to be president, but I think that's how Ivanka and Jared would perceive it, and their correlation.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
So now Trump is saying (correctly, I think) that Bannon just wants to burn things down. What ever happened to Trump's amazing ability to read people? How can Trump have the ironclad judgement he insists he has if he was so wrong about Bannon?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/898870621584596993

Last edited:

Davy The First

Registered
Reaction score
On the plus side, for Trump, is that in all this hullabullo - especially with Jr and Kushner under the collusion bus, he remains 'innocent'.

So 'stead of a direct hit on de boss, Bannon has if fact, started a distraction fire, protecting de boss.

Probably not planned, but it is a de facto cover for Trump, thus far.

ETA Opps, just read this bit.

"The chance that Don Jr. did not walk these Jumos up to his father's office of the 26th floor is zero," Bannon told author Michael Wolff.

So, he IS throwing the boss under the bus? Still don't buy it. But hey, who knows the mind of crazies?

Last edited:

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
What distraction? Trump is the country's favorite joke. The point of the book is that Trump is too stupid to cover up his own lies and greed, too stupid to inspire loyalty in his aides, too stupid to choose advisors without scandal and shame in their backgrounds. He is too stupid to even stay awake while studying the freaking constitution--something we all had to do in high school!

There are no masterminds here. For years the Republicans have been investing in "types" guaranteed appeal to the red state voters. Remember Sarah Palin? Feisty, cute, able to handle a shotgun, (so can I, ho-hum) she was bound to appeal to women voters only as soon as she opened her mouth, plain old stupid came out. She, as much as Romney, lost them the elections. They invested in rich business mastermind and came up with Tom Buchanan, who read a book once. They invested in angry and guess what? Stupid came along.

Somehow the Republican party has this idea that red means stupid. They can promote child molesters, traitors, double dealing tax frauds, bribe takers, money launderers and maniacs. The people will support any Republican as long as they have Fox and Breitbart selling family values, white Christianity, and churchy smugness. I used to think they were right but I see their support peeling away like an onion. Some will peel with Bannon, some will peel with Ryan and the establishment Bannon despises, but they are peeling away and, funny thing, getting smarter. They don't always agree with me but people I know are looking beyond the labels supplied by Fox News.

"The truth may be stretched thin, but it never breaks, and it always surfaces above lies, as oil floats on water.” -- M. de Cervantes Saavedra

Last edited:

ElaineA

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
This should have been the angle from the get-go--going after Wolff's reputation--but Trump mucked it up with his diatribe statement, and then the Cease and Desist, which clearly says Bannon "disclosed," as opposed to "told outright lies." Also, Bannon's getting all the press, but the sheer volume of interviews means Trump can't put enough fingers in the dike. As always, his ardent supporters won't think a thing of any of this. In fact, I'm sure they're cheering the way he talks to people like Hope Hicks. "Straight-talkin' manly man talk, like real people sound." *barf emoji again*

Twick

Registered
Reaction score
This should have been the angle from the get-go--going after Wolff's reputation--but Trump mucked it up with his diatribe statement, and then the Cease and Desist, which clearly says Bannon "disclosed," as opposed to "told outright lies." Also, Bannon's getting all the press, but the sheer volume of interviews means Trump can't put enough fingers in the dike. As always, his ardent supporters won't think a thing of any of this. In fact, I'm sure they're cheering the way he talks to people like Hope Hicks. "Straight-talkin' manly man talk, like real people sound." *barf emoji again*

Exactly. Neither Trump nor Bannon attacked Wolff - they attacked each other. Which leads me to believe Wolff is at least generally accurate about their relationship. Bannon hasn't announced that no, of course he'd never said that Don Jr.'s activities were treasonous, because I think that's *exactly* the message he's trying to sell the Mercers and Kochs right now - "See how much Trump screwed up? I guess I'm your only options now." And Trump is way too thin-skinned to realize the best way to defuse this is to embrace Bannon like the best friend he never fired, who'd never say nasty things about him.

I have to laugh at the "cease and desist" lawsuit. Bannon isn't repeating what's in the book. You can't "cease and desist" a statement that's published for all to see. Possibly Trump doesn't understand any more the difference between print, the internet and live tv. Every time he hears Bannon quoted he think Bannon is there saying the same thing over and over.