Query letters?

Twick

Registered
Reaction score
You'd get better help going to "Query Letter Hell", which is a subforum of "Show Your Work." You've got over 50 posts, so you'll have no problem posting. It is password protected, but the password is shown in the text for "Show Your Work."

Looking forward to seeing your query! The first one will probably get torn to shreds, but persevere and you'll end up with something that will tempt agents.

Daggilarr

Registered
Reaction score
You'd get better help going to "Query Letter Hell", which is a subforum of "Show Your Work." You've got over 50 posts, so you'll have no problem posting. It is password protected, but the password is shown in the text for "Show Your Work."

Looking forward to seeing your query! The first one will probably get torn to shreds, but persevere and you'll end up with something that will tempt agents.

Thanks. I knew I had seen that heading somewhere, just couldn't find it. I will get it up soon.

(Hmmm, might want to reword that)

Last edited:

writearoundtheworld

Registered
Reaction score
Query Letter vs Letter of Submission

Is this the forum to get feedback on a query letter?
For a contest I'm entering, it asks for a letter of submission as well as a synopsis. It says a letter of submission to tell the reader why they would be interested in the novel.

Would that be more biography based, a shorter synopsis, or something else?

Any suggestions appreciated. Thank you.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
If the contest rules don't explain it any further than that, I'd write a brief letter which works as a teaser for the novel. Not a biography or synopsis, but something that pitches the novel and makes it sound intriguing.