2018 Calls for Manuscripts

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just as we've done in past years, let's share any publishers' calls for manuscripts here. You don't have to write erotic fiction to post here; we know writers browsing can stumble across calls they would not respond to.

What I hope would be posted for each call is
  • Name of the Call
  • Link to the Online Announcement of the Call
  • Requirements for Submissions (theme, word count, pairings, required features, etc.)
  • Deadline for Submission or Dates of Open Submission
  • Payment
  • Submission Information
More detail is always better, but it's especially important to have the link to the call, so writers can see it for themselves, and the requirements for submission, what the publisher wants.

As always, we can all work together to help our fellow erotica writer, yes?

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
I'll post some over the next few days when I get the chance.

Note: Many of these will come from the ERWA website listing, which is made public to authors who are interested. I will not be listing general calls for submissions. Only anthologies! I'll post the link to the publisher website (i.e. Cleis Press, Circlet, etc) where the call is located.

For general calls for submissions, check out the publisher's website or visit the ERWA submissions listing.

Also, I am not a representative of any of these publishers. If you have questions relating to the submissions call, please email the appropriate editor.

Last edited:

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
Bold Strokes Books
https://www.boldstrokesbooks.com/

Escape to pleasure: Lesbian Travel Erotica

When life becomes mundane, the best way to shake things up is by getting away from it all. On vacation, anything is possible and fantasies really can come true. Seduction and satisfaction are on offer for those ready to play while away.

Send us hot stories that happen away from home. Take us out of the everyday and into the exciting. Other countries, unusual places, new settings, hot women. Take your characters out of their comfort zones and see where it leads. Stories should include hot and passionate physical encounters with emotional depth to make the characters and setting come alive.

We’re open to a variety of genres and always happy to see diversity within a lesbian sexual orientation. The central figures should be fully developed and compelling. From gentle and sweet to hot and hard, send us what excites and arouses.

Deadline:
March 15, 2018

Guidelines:
* Unpublished short stories only
* Word count: 2,000 - 5,000 words
* Story format: Arial; 12pt.
* Double spaced, general formating, no html

Electronic Submissions Only!
sandy @ boldstrokesbooks .com (take out the spaces)
* e-mail header: Escape to Pleasure_ Author Name or Pseudonym _Title
* MS Word document attachment (story)
* E-mail body: story title, author legal name, pseudonym if any, address, phone number, e-mail address, word count, 50 word bio

Other information: Submission receipt within 7 days; decisions made by May 1, 2018
* Multiple submissions allowed (no more than 2)
* Payment: $50 + 2 contributor copies

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score

Dressed in Black: Erotic Stories Inspired by Edgar Allan Poe

Murder. Revenge. Madness. These are the hallmarks of Edgar Allan Poe’s fiction. But so are love, longing, and loss. It may seem strange, at first blush, to compile a collection of erotica inspired by Poe’s work. Much of his writing explores themes of death and isolation. But gothic fiction has long been ripe ground for examining human sexuality and Poe’s work in particular is overdue for just such an agitation.

Send me stories that flip the narrative. Give the outsiders a voice. Think outside the box. I don’t want simple rewrites of his work with sex thrown in. Make it crucial to the tale.

While best known for his horror fiction, Poe was also a pioneer in the science fiction and detective fiction genres. I am looking for stories in any genre so long as the influence is Poe’s work. They do not need to be set during the time period he was alive in. Send me futuristic Poe stories. Send me Poe stories that are inclusive and exist outside of the standard narratives. And of course, send me stories that are hot and exciting too.

All gender pairings are welcome so long as the sex is between consenting adults. And to be absolutely clear, the consent must take place BEFORE the sexual act.

Deadline: February 1, 2018

Guidelines:
* Word Count: 3,000 to 7,000 but will consider 2,000 to 8,000
* Story format: Standard formatting. DOC or RTF files. Your name, address, and email MUST appear on the manuscript as well as the body of the email.
* No simultaneous submissions. No multiple submissions.
* All stories must include explicit sexuality and erotic focus.
* For more about their editorial process and the "do not send" list, visit their general submissions page.

All submissions must be made via email at the editors email address in the link above!

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
Fantastic Beasts and Where to F**k Them

Seeking erotic short stories with magical beasts and shapeshifter tropes. Although the title of the anthology is somewhat comedic–and levity is definitely welcome!–we’re not looking for parody or satire. Open to all mythical and magical creatures with sentience–centaurs, werewolves/human-animal shifters, intelligent dragons, merfolk, etc. Definitely open to unicorns, griffins, banshees, minotaurs, etc. so long as the spark of sentience is present. (There’s a fine line between bestiality and what we’re allowed to publish and sentience draws that line.)

As for what kinds of stories we’re looking for? We’re tired of the “same old” werewolf stories, but not tired of how magical beasts can represent sexuality and erotic need in fiction, especially marginalized sexuality and repressed needs. We’re tired of the “alpha meets fated mate” trope, but not tired of encounters with the magical being life-changing. We’re tired of the “(white) colonial explorer goes into wildest place and tames native beast” trope, too, but not tired of diverse characters and settings, especially when told by #ownvoices.

We’re always interested in characters and stories that include various marginalized sexual identities and practices including polyamory, kink, genderqueer and gender variant, BDSM, bisexuality/pansexuality, trans identities, as well as “regular ol'” gay or lesbian characters. (General note: We’re also all for asexual representation though we realize that may seem out of place to some for an erotica anthology. Please no stories where someone’s asexuality is “cured” — please yes to stories that include affirmations that asexuality is valid.)

Finally, although the anthology title is explicitly a riff on the universe of a certain famous boy wizard, stories do not have to be in any way related to or parodies of said universe. In fact it’s probably better not to tickle that sleeping dragon, unless you’re really really clever about it.

Deadline:
February 1, 2018

Guidelines:
* Story Length: 3,000 to 7,000 but willing to look at 2,000 to 8,000 words.
* Standard manuscript formatting rules
* No simultaneous submissions; no multiple submissions
* Stories must include explicit sexuality and erotic focus
* Originals only, no reprints

For more details, visit the weblink above.
Stories must be submitted to the editor's email address at the above website. Do NOT submit to any other editor of the press.

Last edited:

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
Best Lesbian Erotica of the Year

Deadline: February 15, 2018 (earlier is better)

Send me stories that only you could write, the ones inside you burning to be brought to life. Surprise me with new concepts, or startle me with prose that illuminates traditional themes in new ways. I expect to use mostly original, unpublished work, but I’ll consider stories previously published in 2016-2017. New voices are especially welcome. A maximum of two submissions per author is allowed, with a preferred length of 2000-4500 words. No simultaneous submissions.

Give me a variety of themes, voices, and tones. Diversity in ages, ethnicities, cultures, and physical attributes and abilities is welcome. The central figures must be lesbians, with believable, fully developed characters. I want vividly drawn settings, and plots or story arcs that grip the reader and don’t let go. Originality is especially welcome. And, of course, I want an intensely erotic aura with sex-positive scenes that are integral to the story as a whole. All flavors of sensuality are welcome, from vanilla to BDSM to edgy frontiers that surprise and startle the reader. A few science fiction or fantasy stories might fit in, as well as a well-researched historical setting or two.

Send your submission as an attachment in .doc, .docx, or .rtf format, double spaced, Times New Roman black font, with story title, legal name, pseudonym (if applicable) and mailing and email addresses on the first page, to sacchigreen @ gmail .com (take out spaces).

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Rachel Kramer Bussel has the call out for short stories for Best Women's Erotica of the Year, Vol. 5. Of note here is that she's not taking stories from authors who have appeared in any of her previous BWE Anthos, which (obv) means opening space for new voices. Having received an ARC of the last volume, I can confirm it's a really well-curated collection with a very high caliber of writing.

Pasting just the highlights of the call here, but I would strongly encourage looking at the much more detailed guidelines-->BWE 5 Call for Submissions

Call for Submissions

Best Women's Erotica of the Year, Volume 5

To be published by Cleis Press in December 2019

Edited by Rachel Kramer Bussel

​This anthology is open to women, gender nonconforming, genderqueer and nonbinary authors ONLY; if you do not fall into any of these categories, please do not submit to this anthology. Writing by male authors using female pseudonyms will not be considered for this anthology. As stated above, the stories published in this book will all be written by women, gender nonconforming, genderqueer and nonbinary authors.

​As in prior volumes, I want your best, boldest, hottest, most creative and diverse 2,000-4,500 word erotica stories. All stories must have a clear beginning, middle and end, with engaging characters and plotlines. Stories featuring creative plotlines have the best chances of being accepted. Unless the storytelling is exceptional, in most cases, plotlines and scenarios featured in prior Best Women’s Erotica of the Year volumes will not be included in this volume. Please note that final decisions will be made by September 30, 2019; if you cannot wait until then to hear back about your story, do not submit to this anthology.

​Protagonists will range from single to coupled, of varying sexual orientations, races, ages (all characters must be 18+ for the entirety of the story), religions, fetishes, jobs, interests, locations and life experiences. First, second and third person narratives are all welcome.

​The theme of this anthology is “Outrageous” and all published stories will touch on this theme (most without explicitly using the word “outrageous” in the story). I strongly encourage you to take that theme and run with it, keeping in mind that what’s “outrageous” to one character will be humdrum to another. The final book will feature a variety of characters exploring their own personal versions of outrageousness. While stories of sexual adventure and excess are extremely welcome, I’m also looking for stories that surprise the reader regarding the idea of outrageousness. Stories that don’t connect to the theme of outrageousness in some way will be rejected.

Payment: $200 and 2 copies of the book within 90 days of publication. Payment will be made only via Paypal (strongly preferred) or U.S check (only for U.S. addresses).

Deadline: August 1, 2018, 11:59 pm EST

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Rachel also has a call out for Best Bondage Erotica of the Year Vol 1. I'm not seeing any specific theme in this one beyond 'Bondage' so again, recommend checking the more detailed guidelines

Edited by Rachel Kramer Bussel

To be published by Cleis Press in late 2019

Deadline: July 1, 2018

Payment: $75 and 2 copies of the book on publication

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Both of those sound pretty interesting--thanks!

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was just reminded of the call for submissions to Best Women's Erotica of the Year, Volume 5. They're seeking 2000 - 4500 words of fiction by women, gender nonconforming, genderqueer and nonbinary authors. The theme this edition is Outrageous, which ought to be fun.

Read the full call here: https://www.bweoftheyear.com/call-for-submissions

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Aw, nuts! I might have subbed to that one, but with the deadline looming so near, I doubt I'd have it ready in time.

Maryn, pouting adorably (or not)

DiloKeith

Doesn't scare easily
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dilokeith.wordpress.com
Best Lesbian Erotica of the Year Volume 4 (Best Lesbian Erotica 2019)

Editor: Sinclair Sexsmith
Publisher: Cleis Press
Deadline: August 31, 2018 (earlier encouraged)
Payment: $50 and 1 copy of the book within 90 days of publication
Rights: non-exclusive right to publish the story in this anthology in print, ebook and audiobook form. Authors will retain copyright to their stories.

Sinclair Sexsmith is editing the next volume of Best Lesbian Erotica, and is looking for your best sexy stories about queer women.

Representations of queer women, non-binary AFAB, and trans women’s sexuality that are not as frequently seen — with ability, race, ethnicity, class, neurodiversity, ace-spectrum, age, religion, or other social justice politic viewpoint — are particularly of interest. Writers who have not previously published are encouraged.

The anthology is not limited to certain kinds of sex acts. “Vanilla,” BDSM, fetish, ace, and all kinds of sensual and sexual expression are welcome. I will be looking for a wide variety of sexual identities: mommy, mistress, sir, puppy, girl, etc. I will consider a few reprints published in 2018, but prefer unpublished stories. No simultaneous submissions. Up to two submissions per author, between 2000-4000 words. No poetry or speculative fiction please.

Send your double-spaced, Times New Roman black font submission with the subject line “Best Lesbian Erotica submission” to [email protected] as a Google document (preferred), or as an attachment in .doc, .docx or .rtf format. Include the story title, your legal name, pseudonym (if applicable), 150-word bio, previous publication information for the story (if applicable), and mailing and email addresses on the first page.

Queries are welcome.

Posted at http://www.sugarbutch.net/2018/07/cfs-ble/

-----------------------

This time the short notice wasn't because I waited. Well, not very long. Been dealing with a lightening-damaged computer...

TwistedE-Pub

Registered
Reaction score
Submission Call - Holiday 2019-2020 Erotic Romance/Erotica

Maryn - you will have to let me know if I posted this in the right spot.

Twisted E-Publishing has numerous new seasonal/holiday anthology and new line submission calls open.

TEP has been in business for nearly six years. We are a royalty paying publisher, paying 60% to author. Royalties for anthologies will, of course, be split between # of authors within. Lines will have separate titles within a branded collection.

More about us ~~> (https://twistedepublishing.com)

Valentines 2019

Cupid's Errors - Anthology

Cupid got a little mixed up this year and his arrows went awry! The wrong people got hit, bringing together friends, enemies, other couples, and potentially strangers into unique situations.

High heat level/erotic stories preferred.

Anthology will hold ALL subgenres of romance TOGETHER-- MF, MFM, MMF, FF+, and MM+ in one volume (there will be sections)

Accepting short stories from 7,000 - 12,000 words; minimum of 5 authors; maximum of 15.

Multiple pen names/multiple submissions accepted (one per pen name)

ONLY clean manuscripts accepted -- 12 pt basic font, double spaced, 0.3" first line indent

SUBMISSIONS DUE Dec 15, 2018

Please place Submission_LastName_CupidsErrors in the message line of your email.

Summer 2019

Cookout Chaos - Anthology

Your Main Character is invited to a co-worker's cookout/friend's BBQ/et cetera... and comes face to face with his/her:

worst enemy
long lost friend
their recent one night stand
you get the idea...

Sparks fly and they just can't stop fate!

Anthology will hold ALL subgenres of romance TOGETHER-- MF, MFM, MMF, FF+, and MM+ in one volume (there will be sections)

Accepting short stories from 7,000 - 12,000 words; minimum of 5 authors; maximum of 15.

ONLY clean manuscripts accepted -- 12 pt basic font, double spaced, 0.3" first line indent

SUBMISSIONS DUE Feb 15, 2019

Please place Submission_LastName_Cookout in the message line of your email.

Halloween 2019

Unexpected - Line

Your Main Character finally said yes to a Halloween date with that nerdy guy at work and he turns out to be a vampire!

Or come up with your own idea where the quiet shy guy your MC didn't quite notice turns out to be more than they expected.

Think Clark Kent to Superman with a paranormal twist.

Accepting ANY matches -- MF, MFM, MMF, FF+, and MM+

Accepting short novellas from 15,000 - 25,000 words; minimum of 5 authors; no maximum; Books will be released independently, under the Unexpected Logo

SUBMISSIONS DUE July 15, 2019

Please place Submission_LastName_Unexpected in the message line of your email.

Holiday 2019

Holiday Disaster - Anthology

Your MC has his/her sights on that hunky guy dressed up as Santa at the party. They get Santa alone into a bathroom and do some wicked things before realizing it's not the hunky guy they thought it was under that beard!

Can this holiday disaster have a happy ending?

Or put your own twist on the theme... any holiday (Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, Yule, or New Years)

Multiple pen names accepted

SUBMISSIONS DUE August 1, 2019

Please place Submission_LastName_HolidayDisaster in the message line of your email.

Valentines 2020

Stolen Hearts - Line

Your MC is terrible with love and has all but given up on being with anyone. But a curious invitation arrives offering a night of escape at a sensual singles masquerade for lonely hearts...

They just can't say no... and end up having the time of their life with one (or two) special person(s). But when the clock strikes midnight, their partner(s) for the night are nowhere to be found...

Can your MC figure out who stole their heart in one night?

Accepting ANY matches -- MF, MFM, MMF, FF+, and MM+

Accepting short novellas from 15,000 - 25,000 words; minimum of 5 authors; no maximum; Books will be released independently, under the Stolen Hearts Logo

SUBMISSIONS DUE Nov 15, 2019

Please place Submission_LastName_StolenHearts in the message line of your email.

For more details, check out our full submissions page here ~~> https://twistedepublishing.com/pages/submissions

A direct link to our Lines and Anthology page is here ~~> https://twistedepublishing.com/pages/lines-and-anthologies

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So near and yet so far. Hey, everyone, this is a new-to-us market so sit up straight--or whatever gender identity you like--and pay attention.

I'm going to leave it as it is for a while, since new posts get more attention, then I'll merge it into our 2018 Calls for Manuscripts thread.

And again, welcome to you. We're glad you found us.

Maryn, who put white wine in the freezer just now and hopes it will be drinkable in an hour

TwistedE-Pub

Registered
Reaction score
So near and yet so far. r

I told you I wasn't a great message board-er!

Sorry I misplaced it.

Thanks for leaving it flailing out here for a bit before shoving it, hopefully not kicking and screaming, where it belongs.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sure it will be well-mannered and sedate.

Well, pretty sure.

Hopeful?

Have a good weekend. You know, I hope, that you're welcome to participate around here like anyone else, right? With the site owner's approval you can perhaps have one account for the publication and one for you the person. Unless you're not human.

Maryn, actually a giant squid

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Aw, shucks!

Maryn, drawing a circle in the sea floor with one tentacle, all bashful-like

TwistedE-Pub

Registered
Reaction score
I had an account as myself and used it so infrequently that I couldn't recall the email or password, so I gave up and made a business one.

I'm a real person.

Although, I am very pale, chained to a desk, and squint in bright sunlight, so I might be a vampire.

Definitely not the sparkly type, either.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okey-doke, I've merged this into our existing thread of 2018 calls for manuscripts. Everybody dust off your stories and send 'em out.