Wow. I've been out of this thread a lot longer than I thought, and unfortunately have made no progress since my last post.

Looking at my available time for the rest of the year, I was going to admit defeat. Then I realized I have four books to go here, and four book options for book club, so I think I'll make some replacements rather than tossing in the towel

Replacements:
2. Freebies: 1984 by George Orwell (Public Domain in Canada, so I've got a copy from Project Gutenberg)
19. What your great-grandparents read: A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens (published 1843)
37. Happy days are here again: The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith (published 1998) (I might be reaching on this one )
38. Coming to a theater near you: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Done:
1. Get on with it already: American Gods by Neil Gaiman (on the list since 2012)
5. My hometown: The Coyote Kings of the Space-Age Bachelor Pad by Minister Faust
8. Bits and pieces: You Haven't Changed a Bit, and Other Stories by Astrid Blodgett
15. Still time for more chapters: A Twisted Fate - My Life with Dystonia by Brenda Currey Lewis
25. I’ve met them!: Few and Far by Alison Kydd
31. Just the facts, Ma’am: The Insanity Machine by Kenna McKinnon, with Austin Mardon
43. That old black magic: Dying on Second by E.C. Bell
48. The butler might have done it: The Cruelest Month by Louise Penny

Dropped:
2. Freebies: Fire & Ice by Patty Jansen
21. Loose ends: The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
35. Doorstoppers: A Perfect Heritage by Penny Vincenzi
36. A real scream: Doctor Sleep by Stephen King