Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

Avalanche

Water for Elephants by Sara [Last name deleted pending permission from Author]

It's just been released, and it's a great read. She's one spunky little gal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I'm gonna move this over to Goal/Accomplishments until someone has read it and is ready to discuss. Congrats, though!

DeniseK

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Sara is a friend of mine. I wonder if she'd be happy having her alias at WN broadcast here? I sent her an email, but I think I know what the answer will be. :flag:

DeniseK

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks, Frank. Can you take it out of the thread title too?

John Atlin

Mystery author? What's goin on?

Water for Elephants by Sara [Last name deleted pending permission from Author]???????????????????????????Never heard of an author who didn't welcome publicity? What's the skinny here?

Last edited:

DeniseK

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Her last name is Gruen. That wasn't the problem, it was her online nickname that was the issue.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
This was added to the Bookclub forum and, being a brand new release, was unlikey to have gotten the appropriate attention there.

There was also some question to the motivation of the original poster, who hasn't been back to clarify, as he or she made somewhat of a production in revealing the author's screen name on another website.

Denise has some knowledge of the author and thought that she may prefer to keep the two venues separate.

That's why it's here and that's why the post has been edited.

John Atlin

Cool. I saw something about this on other writers sites, and on a couple of blogs. The lesson here is never let anyone on the net know your real identity.Especially if you're gonna get mouthy. (LOL)

Shiraz

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I finished this a few weeks ago. Sara is a friend of mine, also, but it didn't influence my decision that this was a great read!

All you need to do is read the prologue and you'll be hooked, I promise. I could hardly put the thing down.

Loved it, and I just finished another one of hers - Riding Lessons - which was also very good. I want to start the sequel, Flying Chances, real soon.

Sara's enjoying quite the success right now and is on a gruelling book tour until July 28th. The book is now in its 6th printing from what she told me the other day.

Big congratulations goes out to her once again! Here's hoping we can all say the same one day.