Coming Attraction for 2018

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In the new year, I'll be posting at least five erotica writing prompts once a month on this board, not only for those who already write erotic fiction but also for those who'd like to give it a try or improve their skill set.

Because this board can be seen by all, the prompts themselves are G-rated. Anything we write in response to one or more of the month's prompts could be posted for critique at Share Your Work - Erotica, which requires a password different from the rest of the SYW boards.

Don't have the password? Avoid the rush and get it ahead of time. See this post for how. Hint: it's not by asking moderators.

Here's a little practice drill the erotica writers have played with in the past: Write some erotica that's exactly 100 words. Not 99, not 103. Exactly 100.

Maryn, who writes "fat" and found that an excellent challenge

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'd have to revisit SYW. I'm pretty sure I posted mine. Let me hunt, and assuming I find some, I'll edit with links.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, my memory stinks. (Let's pretend we're surprised, shall we?) It was 200 words, not 100, and several people played along starting in September of 2011. That's on page 13 the way I've got things displayed. Look for 200 words or Prompt Two in the subject lines.

Maryn, fearing coffee will not be enough to make her sharp today

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's my hope that a lot of people, both those who already write erotic fiction and those who do not, will give this a try. Now I'm fretting that too many of the prompts are stupid. We'll have to see, I guess.

Jan74

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I would like to try this, not really sure what exactly "it" is, but I'm a quick learner :)