Hello writers of the world!

forsusan

Registered
Reaction score
As I was searching for editors on the FEA, I received a response from an editor. Her response was full of great ideas, advice, warnings, etc. One thing she wanted me to do was stop looking for an editor for now, and join Absolutewrite and mingle with the other writers, post the book and read other books. Below you will read my story.

My wife wrote a book, and it was her wish that I publish it. She wrote it a few years ago, and died shortly after. I have typed it into word 2010, and I think it's ready for an editor. I'm in a bind because I didn't write it, so this will probably be the only time I publish something. The title is "Make the Light Out, or What My Pennsylvania Dutch Mother Taught Me About Daily Living."
I think the book is about developing a strong family and home with integrity and love for self and others. I think the intended audience can be varied and could be home school groups, religious groups, first time parents, single mothers, independent living groups, and poor families. It’s complete and is about 7,000 words with 13 illustrations.
I have found lots of advice on self publishing.

So for now I will mingle and send some messages and soon I would like to post the book.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Denevius

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Best of luck with your project. Sounds like a great idea, and I wish you success with it!

Welcome!

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As I was searching for editors on the FEA, I received a response from an editor. Her response was full of great ideas, advice, warnings, etc. One thing she wanted me to do was stop looking for an editor for now, and join Absolutewrite and mingle with the other writers, post the book and read other books. Below you will read my story.

My wife wrote a book, and it was her wish that I publish it. She wrote it a few years ago, and died shortly after. I have typed it into word 2010, and I think it's ready for an editor. I'm in a bind because I didn't write it, so this will probably be the only time I publish something. The title is "Make the Light Out, or What My Pennsylvania Dutch Mother Taught Me About Daily Living."
I think the book is about developing a strong family and home with integrity and love for self and others. I think the intended audience can be varied and could be home school groups, religious groups, first time parents, single mothers, independent living groups, and poor families. It’s complete and is about 7,000 words with 13 illustrations.
I have found lots of advice on self publishing.

So for now I will mingle and send some messages and soon I would like to post the book.

I was a longtime widower. As you mingle here at AW, I have a Christmastime idea: I usually offer a free 3,000-word sample edit to allow novelists with a minimum of 60,000 words to see if they would like my professional editing services.

For Susan, please let me offer a free edit of your entire 7,000 plus or minus words. You may still want to hire another editor if you choose, but my work will be completely without charge now or later as I pay it forward for all I've received here at Absolute Write.

Please PM (private message) me for my business email address.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
forsusan, I'm going on the record to announce that Chase is a good guy (which you probably figured out already)--and my go-to guy for many grammar questions. He's making you a generous offer and I hope you take him up on it.

Maryn, nearly too old to learn but not quite

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.

Hopefully, you find what you're looking for here.

forsusan

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you chase and thank you maryn for the recommendation! I just sent it over to chase.

karrots

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there! What a great project and way to remember your wife. I’m not a professional editor, but I’d also be happy to read through it for grammar and punctuation editing when you get to that stage.