Will make cover art for story

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Whoa, there. I realize you're new and probably haven't yet had time to read all the stickies, but there's a size limit for images here because some of our users are on severe data limits, or dial-up connections. Here's the stickie about it: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?304595-FAQ-Image-Size-Guidelines

The basic allowed size is 400 by 400 pixels, which is this big:

B8EnJr6.jpg

Or, if it's a rectangle like a book cover, the same area in a different shape, thusly:

Ez1oxEc.jpg

So if you'd resize your image, that'd be great. That way this board's moderator--not me--will not have to do a thing.

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
Hello, Xirk-J, and welcome to Absolute Write.

I am the moderator for the Art & Design forums, and Maryn has the right of it. As per the Art & Design guidelines for posting, please limit your images to an area more or less equivalent to 400 x 400 pixels.

We do not mind linking to offsite images from your own accounts, but we do ask that they fit the size requirements.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Its hotlinked to imgur, they dont seem to mind.

I mind. You're on a server with lots of users on dialup, and many users who pay excessive charges for bandwidth.

I've got members who can't even open this thread because the image is so large.

Moreover, Imgur's TOS state:

Don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network

Finally, the image size guidelines are very clear about the size.