Cover critique: fantasy romance

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
This may or may not be useful for you. But Derek Murphy recommends using a humanizing element if you're not putting in any characters. In this case, I'd suggest moving the title font to the top and putting something like a harp in the foreground.

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
So basically, I should put a person or something humanizing on the cover? I do have something for this but it looked awful and I took it off. It was a silhouette of a person playing violin, which is what the story features.

Metruis

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.feedthemultiverse.com
Well, you put the fancy corner bumpers. You could always put a similar violin motif. Something like http://weclipart.com/gimg/5EB04F30934B183F/decorative-violin-wall-art-sticker-19.jpg but matched to the art you chose for the corners, of course. :) Or you could Photoshop in a violin lying on the ground, or dangling from a tree, or something. The musical instrument alone would definitely qualify as a humanizing element, and since it features in the story, I would absolutely put a violin thing of some sort! You could also do a fun silhouette thing where the forest background only shows in the cutout of a violin, and then the surrounding is black negative space.

taraesque

Registered
Reaction score
Looking pretty good. I like the forest image you selected.

I would pull the "Dream Tide Book 4" down a bit lower to get some white space because its a bit cramped at the top. Other suggestions would be to shift the aqua of the title to a bit more a blue green, and I wonder if the "And" in the title is still a bit awkward.

Sabrina Hartford

Registered
Reaction score
I like the cover. It looks very mysterious. I like the floral elements because they add a sense of elegance. However, I don't think they would be visible on a small thumbnail. Perhaps you should try removing them from the corners. And then placing a big floral element under the title. It would probably stand out more in the thumbnail and also make the cover less cluttered.