Kushner Wrecking Havoc in the Middle East

Davy The First

Registered
Reaction score
Interesting article in the Guardian. I do feel there's a lack of engagement re US policy in the middle east, among the main print media anyway. Foolish, to say the least. what happens there, will impact everywhere.

"The Kushner-Salman alliance has particularly irked secretary of state Rex Tillerson. Kushner reportedly leaves the state department completely out of his Middle Eastern plans. Of special concern to Tillerson, according to Bloomberg News, is Kushner’s talks with Salman regarding military action by Saudi Arabia against Qatar. The state department is worried of all the unforeseen consequences such a radical course of action would bring, including heightened conflict with Turkey and Russia and perhaps even a military response from Iran or an attack on Israel by Hezbollah.

It’s partly this vacuum of leadership by Tillerson that has enabled Kushner to forge his powerful alliance with Salman, much to the detriment of the region. And in their zeal to isolate Iran, Kushner and Salman are leaving a wake of destruction around them.

The war in Yemen is only intensifying. Qatar is closer to Iran than ever. A final status deal between Israel and the Palestinians seems all but impossible now. The Lebanese prime minister went back on his resignation. And the Saudi state must be paying the Ritz-Carlton a small fortune to jail key members of the ruling family over allegations of corruption."

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ng-havoc-middle-east?CMP=twt_b-usopinion_c-us

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
I do feel there's a lack of engagement re US policy in the middle east, among the main print media anyway. Foolish, to say the least. what happens there, will impact everywhere.

You may feel this way if you live in Britain and are only seeing the British press, but I can assure you it's not this way in the U.S. Right now the Jerusalem capital story is everywhere. It's just that there has been so much crap news come out of the Trump administration that it has become hard to focus on just one thing.

caw

Davy The First

Registered
Reaction score
You may feel this way if you live in Britain and are only seeing the British press, but I can assure you it's not this way in the U.S. Right now the Jerusalem capital story is everywhere. It's just that there has been so much crap news come out of the Trump administration that it has become hard to focus on just one thing.

caw
That's reassuring. Thanks BB

Davy The First

Registered
Reaction score
In one sense, it's a pity to see saner heads depart. But then again, who could really stomach the madness? Two submitted resignations this week alone

“Dina has done a great job for the administration and has been a valued member of the Israeli-Palestinian peace team. She will continue to play a key role in our peace efforts and we will share more details on that in the future,” Kushner said in a statement.

Trump’s move to have the United States officially recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel has been denounced across much of the Arab world.
His team is working on a framework for a potential Israeli-Palestinian peace deal that aides say could be released early next year.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ign-early-next-year-white-house-idUSKBN1E22IO

“Let me underscore that Lizzy Shackelford was one of the most promising officers and an exceptional l‎eader in the Foreign Service,” the senior official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told FP. “An officer who makes it into the service and leaves because she was not supported means we must work harder to mentor, reform our system, and support outstanding officers like Lizzy.”

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/12/09...ecurity-tillerson-africa-somalia-south-sudan/

Last edited:

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
Kushner reminds me of The Sorcerer's Apprentice. The whole mess is a Mickey Mouse operation.

-cb

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Jared Kushner is not the problem. Aside from being the physically cleanest and most polished human on the planet, he has zero noticeable skills or qualifications, other than having married the daughter of the real problem.

caw

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
Jared Kushner is not the problem. Aside from being the physically cleanest and most polished human on the planet, he has zero noticeable skills or qualifications, other than having married the daughter of the real problem.

caw

I am of the opinion that the real problem is not any single person, but the millions of people who provide aid and comfort and support to those single people despite their clear and obvious danger to the ideals of freedom, democracy, representation, openness, good governance, human and civil rights, and support for the commonweal.