A great writing week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowerburgers

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
Yesterday, the first chapter of my novel-in-progress was accepted to Fourteen Hills as a short story, and a few days before that, another story of mine was nominated for a Pushcart by Reservoir! I'm so thrilled on both counts! The story in Fourteen Hills will be my first in print. Onto the next big thing...

flowerburgers

Registered
Reaction score
I'm also now at 118 rejections for the year, with five acceptances...I'm pretty proud of myself for getting my work out there.

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations Flowerburgers! (& w/ 119 Rs under your belt, I think you can get rid of the 'learning about thick skin' in above your avatar. Keep up the good work :)

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
A Pushcart is a big deal. I'd be super-stoked about that.

And your rejection tally is a wonderful thing to share with the rest of us. It wasn't that your writing wasn't any good at all. You just had to find the people who got into what you do. An important thing for you and the rest of us to remember.

Congrats! :partyguy:

flowerburgers

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Glad the rejection tally was heartening. I'm honestly almost as proud of it as the acceptances. I have 63 pending submissions at the moment--going for 100 rejections in 2018 too!

Status
Not open for further replies.