Introducing myself: Inara de Luna

inaradeluna

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.inaradeluna.com
Hello all,

I'm excited to have found this space. I just finished NaNoWriMo for the second time, but this was the first that I actually engaged in write-ins and in the virtual chatroom. I was far more successful this time around and am missing the camaraderie! So, let me share a bit about myself.

My favorite genres are urban fantasy and some traditional fantasy. I also like some sci-fi and historical fiction. My own writing falls more into the urban fantasy category, I think. I've been writing since I learned how to write. I still have the notebook in which I wrote my first story at 6 years old, titled "Skippy the Squirrel and Happy the Hippo."

Unfortunately, I haven't had any of my fiction published, though I am getting paid to write for others. I am writing blog posts, social media posts, nonfiction ebooks, newsletters, and sales pages for clients in the relationship coaching/therapy fields. I also write on my own blogs, one on my life as a full-time nomadic RVer, and the other on being a diabetic vegetarian. Plus, I freelance for the website, Diabetes Daily. I am also an editor and have edited both fiction and nonfiction: blog posts, ebooks, coffee table books, print anthologies, novels, and PhD dissertations.

I am totally open to beta reading, though I will have to familiarize myself with how this community likes to receive critiques. I look forward to being able to submit my own work for critique, as well. I'm currently doing the first pass of editing on my first novel. Hopefully by the time I've posted enough to be able to share here, I'll be at a place where it's ready for sharing. :)

I am also a former Marriage and Family Therapist and sex educator, so I consider myself somewhat of an expert on those topics.

I'm looking forward to getting to know many of you here and helping each other grow as writers. Thanks for reading!

Atalanta

Bring me a knitting needle.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ajaxkallistrate.com
Welcome to AW and congratulations on your NaNo win! I participated myself this year and had a fantastic time. :) Hope to see you around the forums.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.