My sob story

polishmuse

I'm a cookie
Registered
Reaction score
I actually think you’re in a much better position now, because the MS was only subbed to one editor. That means if you do decide to query, you can mention that you were represented by Agent SoandSo, but the MS was only submitted to one editor before you parted ways amicably. I think most agents won’t be turned off by this, and also you’d get added points for the MS being strong enough to get repped.

This is the bright side I saw, too. But OH MAN does that suck. I am so sorry.

Jamills08

Registered
Reaction score
I’m sorry the agent did that to you. Not cool. Atleast you know you can succeed in self publishing. I’m in awe of anyone who has ever been published. Period.

JeanGenie

Such a Greenie
Registered
Reaction score
When I'm reading this I'm wondering what agent-author contracts look like? If she offered representation, shouldn't she also be bound to do something more than sub it to one editor?

This doesn't make any sense, but on the bright side, she saw something in your manuscript and decided to try even though it wasn't really her thing. At least take that fact with you, even though it really sucks :(

LYLakes

Registered
Reaction score
You should absolutely try and get another agent. I'm very sorry this happened to you, reading both your posts about what your agent did is has me stuck at WTF, I can only imagine how you feel.