• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

[Moved from SF/F SYW] Beta Reader Requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adelle

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys! (Not sure if this is the right place to post, just let me know if I need to delete this and post elsewhere).

I recently finished my sci-fi adventure novel. I posted the first chapter here a while back and met with good feedback (guy fights in a death match to win way out of space station), but I would like a little more feedback on the opening. Specifically, the first 3-6 chapters. I really need to know if it's engaging, well paced, etc.

I would, of course, be happy to reciprocate a beta reading of an equal length of writing. Looking to do this over emails and whatnot, and was hoping to have the feedback soon (as my goal is to spend the next couple of days tweaking and polishing). I really want to publish with Baen or Del Rey (both are publishers I would die to be part of, as I've read their books all my life) so my goal is to make it as super perfect as possible. >.>

Anyone interested?

P.K. Torrens

Saving up for a typewriter
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Adelle,

I'm a bit of a newb here but I may be able to help. I also have a day off work this week so I could get it back to you pretty quick :)

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I'm going to port this over to the correct place. Please keep your arms and hands inside the thread....

Harlequin

Eat books, not brains!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sunyidean.com
Sure, happy to swap first few chapters (number is up to you.)

Most people die on my first chapter so don't feel obliged to slog through more than that if you too are suffering ;-) I don't mind finishing yours regardless.

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Adelle,

Whereabouts in California? I'm north of LA.

Are you still looking? I think a few - chapter swap sounds pretty good. My novel (first attempt at this sort of thing) is hanging together but not grabby according to the SYW forum, so may be dull. It's hero journey territory and the themes are climate related.

Status
Not open for further replies.