• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Searching Beta Reader for SF novel (86k words)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obi-Wan Nobody

Perpetual padawan
Registered
Reaction score
Hello!
I am looking for a beta reader of my manuscript.

Genre
Cli-Fi (climate fiction), taking place on a frozen Earth in the 26th century. People working in intervention teams are trying to make the planet inhabitable again.
Length of the MS: 86k words.

Plot
MC is born in Mars colonies and comes on Earth, willing to work on intervention teams, to earn some money and then buy a small house on Earth, away from the domes with a controlled climate.
He enrols in a team, starts working in frozen cities, clearing the land. Snowstorms and collapsing structures are permanently endangering their missions. His morale is shaken by dead bodies found as they passed away only hours before and the remainings of a disappeared society.
MC will find out that there is something more important at stake than a simple terraforming: finding the technology that triggered the Great Ice Age, by inverting the greenhouse effect.

Feedback Requested/Offered
I need a mentor, someone with experience in analysing a MS, especially from the grammar perspective. I can offer in exchange feedback about clarity of setting, characters and plot in the eye of a non-native English reader (kind of yournovel-for-dummies perspective :) )

If you need to read some pages before decide to help me or not, please take a look here: http://nicdobre.ro/en/2017/12/warmth-glaciers-excerpt/

Thank you,

Nic

zoli1

Registered
Reaction score
I am interested. I have no experience in manuscript mentoring, but I did spend six years as an ESL teacher and have a lot of experience coaching essay/thesis writing. I have a mystery with mild sci-fi and horror themes for which I would appreciate a general critique.

Status
Not open for further replies.