Serial Authors: Where you at?

Arjani

Registered
Reaction score
Note: I already know I could make more money writing full novels on amazon and I don't care. This is what I want to do with my time at the moment.

Where I post:
Royalroadl: Science-Fiction, Fantasy, and Fanfiction are the dominant genres on this site. You can embed patreon and paypal into the bottom of each chapter so there's earning potential there. Demographics are murky but my educated guess is old and young males, though skewing towards young. Erotica is permissible but not popular from what I've seen.

Tapas: Comics, especially LGBT ones, are the dominant genre though novels can flourish also. But LGBT protagonists are still the general winners in this category too. Earning money via ads and "coins" require a certain subscriber count to unlock. You can put a patreon link in your profile if you want to make money as soon as possible. Demographics skew young, female, and diverse. Erotica is absolutely not permissible and will be removed.

Literotica: The most active site out of the three listed. No ability to ask for support in your postings but I have seen other successful authors driving their readers to patreon. Almost exclusively for erotica content.

Links:
http://royalroadl.com/home
https://tapas.io/
Just google literotica folks
Copyright Rules for each site( excluding literotica):
Tapas:
For the purpose of enabling Tapas Media to make your Content available on our platforms, you hereby grant Tapas Media an ongoing, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license and right to utilize Content that you publish through our platforms for the commercial purpose of digital publication on our website, through mobile devices, through digital sharing methods and through other digital means currently existing or not yet invented.

If you agreed to participate in one or more of Tapas Media's Programs defined herein the document, you may be compensated for Content published using one or more of our platforms. Tapas Media does not claim ownership right in your Content when you participate in our Tapas Media Programs.

Tapas Media will not sell or redistribute your Content to third party licensees unless you give us permission to do so. Advertisements on Tapas Media platforms from direct advertisers or third parties may be served with Content. In a case where Tapas Media offers an opportunity for Content owners to potentially benefit from compensation outside of Tapas Media platforms, such as licensing for merchandising, publication through non-Tapas Media channels, making a movie or other licensing opportunities, a separate agreement with the third party and your full consent would be required.

In order to promote, publicize, market and further the success of your Content and Tapas Media as a whole, you hereby grant Tapas Media an ongoing, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license and right, but not obligation, to utilize Content that you publish on a Tapas Media platform, or give to Tapas Media, and your user persona including, but not limited to, your name, likeness, and biographical information for promotional purposes. Examples include, but are not limited to, sending samples of Content for use by the press, posting Content to social channels, or printing samples of Content for distribution at conventions.
Royalroadl:

Is my story protected by copyright whey I post it on RoyalRoadl?

Anything you write is automatically copyrighted by you, but that does not mean it is registered in your country’s copyright office. You may use [copyrighted.com] or other available resources for this.

Note: Once posted on RoyalRoadL.com, your content will be marked as your own, with a date on the post that verifies when the content was published.

Do I sign away my copyright if I post on Royalroadl?
At RRL, we do not require that you post exclusively to our site, and you can take your work down at any time. Whether on other large fiction sites or your own personal site, you can post to RRL with a time delay, or just a sample.

Experience with the sites(Best to Worst):
I'm ranking this by user engagement.

Literotica: Gained nine followers and over 30k views on what I've posted but no donations to my tipjar/patreon/etc. I'm not worried since I only started two weeks ago and have high hopes for my erotica's potential. My only worry is that I've noticed my second chapter has much less views than my views for the first.

Royalroadl: the one series I post racked up 68 views and three followers which is great since I only started posting on Wednesday. No major concerns so far.

Tapas: Work hasn't gotten much attention but it most likely due to my godawful covers. I dislike the restriction on putting works behind paywalls. Depending on whether I want to make "Whore"(See my profile pic) more explicit will determine whether I continue on this site.

Questions:
Anyone have any experience posting serials to Amazon? Or blogs I can read? I'm thinking of bailing there to post "Whore".

Tell me about your experiences. Maybe we can get a group going.

WriterBN

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.k-doyle.com
Questions:
Anyone have any experience posting serials to Amazon? Or blogs I can read? I'm thinking of bailing there to post "Whore".

I don't, but look for an author on Amazon named Aer-ki Jyr. He's making a decent living from publishing SF serials.