Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
congrats!! You deserve it!

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Just submitted Knock Knock to the ArmadilloCon writers’ workshop. Now to worry about it until August...

http://www.armadillocon.org/d40/writers-workshop/

Sue77

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the congrats - I've still got a big smile on my face.

That's fab news AnnieColleen - I've got fingers and toes crossed for you - keep us posted!

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Howdy, gang.

First, many apologies for being radio silent. Some big Real World events popped up and I've not been on AW since. Things have settled, which means back to writing and back to AW.

And now....

Out of curiosity, what's the method to the madness of how the excerpts are posted/ordered?

I reckon it's random dart throwing. *g*

Either that or putting the names of the stories in a hat and drawing them out randomly. :)

Totally random. Even dart-throwing has SOME skill. Nope, I simply look at the spreadsheet, pick someone, and they're #1. Then scroll up or down (depending on my fancy) however far I feel (sometimes not at all) and pick #2.

I suspect Cobra is attending to RL things at the moment and when he's had a chance to recover and process, we'll talk. :)

Indeed. Back in action now.

I'm hoping this is the best place to put this. My story from 2017's Solstice Story Swop; The Little Lighter Girl has just been published by Midnight Street Press.

Here's the link:

http://midnightstreetpress.com/

Eyeblink has also got a story in this anthology and naturally I'm thrilled for both of us. :snoopy:

Holy carp!

CONGRATS!

Just submitted Knock Knock to the ArmadilloCon writers’ workshop. Now to worry about it until August...

http://www.armadillocon.org/d40/writers-workshop/

That's fantastic news!!

As for the future of the Sisyphus, I'll pick Zanz and the Admin's brains, but we'll look to tighten some of the rules to not only decrease the stress on folks, to include bail outs, but streamline the deadlines as well as speed up (without killing) the Guessing Thread. And considering the volume of stories this past season, it may be time to formally beg coerce ask for a Sisyphus Second in Command (aka: A SSiC).

Once again, thank you to everyone you participated in the 2018 Sisyphus and if you all have ideas for making it better, let us know. This is YOUR event, so we can tweak it to maximize the joy.

Last edited:

paddismac

Parasite free since '09
Registered
Reaction score

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Thanks, everyone (and for the rockets, Pasty XD) I'm actually really happy with the rating. It looks like it's around the average of the most recent ones (5.4 / 5.2-5.6) Could have been a lot worse :)

Sue77

Registered
Reaction score
Damn. That was an awesome little story, Maggie. I gave it seven rockets! :Thumbs:

Me too! Best story I've read on DSF for a while :)

Between us we might vote you into the top stories bracket. Do DSF publish an anthology every now and then?

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
*votes 7 rockets for Maggie's story*

Me too! Best story I've read on DSF for a while :)
QFT. I'm a super harsh critic when it comes to short stories and have been deleting quite literally about 98% of the DSF stories that come into my inbox with barely a glance at the first three sentences of each. It's gotta be good (and also to my tastes) to get me to read it, and that was. :)