AW Amazon Affiliate Store

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: The 2017-2018 Sekrit Solstice Sci-Fi Fantasy Story Swap

Threaded View

Making Einstein cry since 1994 Maggie Maxwell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tiddlywinks View Post
    Actually, the loop on the one shoe got caught on one of the grommet/higher up hook thingies for tightening laces around ankles on the other shoe (winter snow boots). Which meant when I tried to take a normal step, it meant face plant.

Eta: same effect as if someone had tied my shoelaces together as a prank. I swear I'm cursed.

And ever have one of those slow-mo horror realizations that you know what's happened but it's already in motion so all you can think is "oh god this is going to hurt + oh my god EVERYBODY IS GOING TO SEE THIS as my milk goes flying"? Yeah, that.

If anybody is still looking for a plot bunny, there you go.
    If it makes you feel any better, I sent milk flying yesterday myself. Put the handcarrier on the self-checkout shelf, started unloading, didn't realize the shelf didn't support the whole carrier and the milk was on the unsupported side. SPLAT.

Luckily, it stayed unexploded, but man, it was loud and kinda embarrassing.

Hope your knees are okay.
    Last edited by Maggie Maxwell; 02-14-2018 at 05:29 PM.
    The insane who believe they are sane are crazy. The sane who know they are insane are writers.

Sign-ups are closed for the 2017-2018 Sekrit Solstice Sci-Fi Fantasy Story Swap!

Writing: Blog (updated 01/09/18)| Twitter | Pinterest | Wattpad
    Gaming: Twitch (Streaming Weds @ 7PM EST) | Twitter | Youtube