Justobuddies

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Registered
Reaction score
*glances at calendar but keeps writing*

*does a double take look at calendar*

*sips coffee*

*spit-take*

Holy outer gods Batman! February's a short month, I've only got 8 days left.

*Frantically forgets how to write and runs around in circles screaming like a triggered bonobo*

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, before we reach the 11th hour, I wanted to take the temperature of the room and see how folks feel about an extension. Those who are still working, would that be beneficial? Those who have submitted, would that be acceptable? If we do extend, would you want a week? Two? None at all because deadlines power your writing machine?

ETA: If anyone is uncomfortable discussing this in the open for any reason, please feel free to rep me.

Last edited:

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
If you're starting to feel like you'll need an extension, now's the time to ask for it so you don't have to spend the next week panicking over whether you'll get one or not. This is supposed to be fun, not stressful :)

Haha, beaten in the same minute by the host XD As a completed submitter, yes, of course I'm fine with an extension for those who need it.

Last edited:

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
As another person who has completed and submitted, I am also fine with an extension if anyone needs it.

Esmae Tyler

This & That
Registered
Reaction score
I've already turned my story in but I'm more than happy to wait a few more days if it will take the pressure off someone else.

themindstream

Registered
Reaction score
At the moment, the worst of my jitters have subsided a bit and story-wise, I feel like I can hit the 28th with a few days to spare, absent sudden life stress or unplanned plot twists. If other people need the extension I'm cool with it, I just hope that I can use it as "extra polish time" rather than "excuse to procrastinate more" (which is what more often happens).

paddismac

Parasite free since '09
Registered
Reaction score
Like Richard, I'm pretty positive I'm gonna be one of those eleventh hour+ people, and I sure wouldn't say NO to a bit more time, but I bow to the consensus of the group.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
I'll definitely be 11th hour person (because that's just my style, yo), but an extension won't help. I'll be out of town for some very important shut-out-the-world anniversary winter beach time. And I wouldn't presume to ask for two weeks just because I've been waffling and procrastinating - and would continue to do so because panic fuels my fingers. :tongue

Richard White

Stealthy Plot Bunny Peddler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
IF, *please note the qualifier there*, I can get some writing in at the convention I'm going to this weekend, then I should be fine. Otherwise, I'll be putting in an extension request on Monday.

My current writing process: :chores :gaah:e2thud::flag:

Mary Love

Registered
Reaction score
I'm fine, but I don't mind an extension if other peeps need one. More time to procrastinate polish! :e2hammer:

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, based on feedback so far, I propose we slip the due date from 28 Feb to March 12th. That'll give everyone just under 3 weeks plus allows for a weekend to spit-shine stories as needed.

What say you all?

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
I'm great with an extension. I completely understand that a lot of RL things have been going on.
Now awaits the 3rd week in March with much anticipation.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Okay, based on feedback so far, I propose we slip the due date from 28 Feb to March 12th. That'll give everyone just under 3 weeks plus allows for a weekend to spit-shine stories as needed.

What say you all?

:yesway::greenie I'd rather folks not stress if they don't gotta.

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
I could manage without the extension, but I’ll be happier with it thanks to work + travel.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
My story is now done in first draft. I've just noticed we have an additional twelve days, so a bit longer to get the story into shape. I'm also due a beta-swap with one other Sisyphuser.