The 2017-2018 Sekrit Solstice Sci-Fi Fantasy Story Swap

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Anyone else get extremely flattered when you're guessed for the wrong excerpt? Like "wow, you think I'm capable of that goodness?" kind of flattered?
Yep!

ETA (again): I'm still not guessinated! Woohoo! ​I take that back. missed a post. :p

Last edited:

SianaBlackwood

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sb.siasan.com
Ooh, good idea. My lack of posting and general interaction is definitely a diabolical plan to stop people guessing my story, and not anything to do with anxiety or feelings of inadequacy or anything like that.

One of my favourite things about Sisyphus is knowing that however I feel on a given day, there's going to be someone in a similar situation. The shared writing experience is always really positive and motivating. :)

My other favourite thing is reading the stories! I received two this year and they're both fantastic and completely different, and their writers are brilliant and amazingly creative.

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
In case anyone ever wondered, if one was to copy/paste the title of every story into a Word document and then copy/paste the entire list of possible authors next to each individual story, Word would, in fact, freak out and tell you that there were so many "typos and misspellings" that it could no longer display them. Who knew?

Mary Love

Registered
Reaction score
GUESSED!

TITLE: StarTONE
AUTHOR: Damoclain
GUESSER: arikdiver
WORD COUNT: 7293

Awesomely unique world building! StarTONE is full of intrigue and strong voice, following broken characters searching for belonging and acceptance. Leaves you wanting more!:e2cheer:

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Also, for those that want to read all of SparkleGoat2, you'll be happy to know I'm close to being finished. 7k words and growing. Still have about a third of it to write. If you missed my earlier invitation to ask for a copy, there's still time. :)

J. A. Rama

Master Plot Hydra Conqueror
Registered
Reaction score
Website
phractalreality.blogspot.com
Ooh, good idea. My lack of posting and general interaction is definitely a diabolical plan to stop people guessing my story, and not anything to do with anxiety or feelings of inadequacy or anything like that.

One of my favourite things about Sisyphus is knowing that however I feel on a given day, there's going to be someone in a similar situation. The shared writing experience is always really positive and motivating. :)

My other favourite thing is reading the stories! I received two this year and they're both fantastic and completely different, and their writers are brilliant and amazingly creative.

This.

I'm totally not guessing because I want to throw a little chaos glitter around, and not because I have no spoons to guess. Totally.

Did I mention that I'm not guessing because I have no spoons? Y'all have fun though.

Also, I'm HIGHLY AMUSED at the stories you guys think I wrote.

Perhaps you thought right.

ETA: We're allowed to start requesting guessed stories, yes??

Yes.

ION.

The reason I'm not guessing is because...

The Sequel Solstice is totally happening! Those who are interested in a second event, check back in a few days...maybe a week...maybe in April! Jaymz and I are totally hammering this shit out as y'all guess!

It's not a swap, but it is prompt-based. It will be more low key than Sisyphus, and there WILL be more opportunity for reading more glorious stories written by our awesome Sisyphant Elephants and AWers!

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
My story has been guessed and I'm happy to share, so if you want to read "Possessions", just ping me with your email addy or a request for a Google Docs link.

Kate879

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't really interacted on the forums here because I'm a bit intimidated by how vast it is, so I'll probably be one of the last guessed, haha. I have to say, I've seen people guess my story with the wrong author, and I am flattered to think people think my story was written by that author.

Esmae Tyler

This & That
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't really interacted on the forums here because I'm a bit intimidated by how vast it is, so I'll probably be one of the last guessed, haha. I have to say, I've seen people guess my story with the wrong author, and I am flattered to think people think my story was written by that author.

Shhhhhh they might use that information to ferret you out!

For pure giggles I added formulas to my tracking spreadsheet to tally how many times individual writers and stories have been tagged. It looks like a giant minesweeper board.

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Shhhhhh they might use that information to ferret you out!

For pure giggles I added formulas to my tracking spreadsheet to tally how many times individual writers and stories have been tagged. It looks like a giant minesweeper board.

:roll:

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Sequel Solstice is totally happening! Those who are interested in a second event, check back in a few days...maybe a week...maybe in April! Jaymz and I are totally hammering this shit out as y'all guess!

It's not a swap, but it is prompt-based. It will be more low key than Sisyphus, and there WILL be more opportunity for reading more glorious stories written by our awesome Sisyphant Elephants and AWers!

Woo hoo!!!!

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Let me just point out to folks that I did *not* write "The Night on Cromley Hill" even though at least three of you have guessed that so far. (It's a lovely excerpt. I can understand why folks might think it was mine, but it's not.) :)

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Well folks, my story got guessed and that means I'm out! Too bad I wrote only *one* story. Yep, but it's been fun to share the experience with all you talented people. That's it for me with my *one* story, so guess I'll have to wait till next year!

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Now that my story "The Stone Dragon in the Woods" has been officially DING-ed just wanted to officially say here in this thread that I'm 100% happy and excited to share it, so if you'd like to read it, just rep/pm me with your e-mail! :)

Going to sleep now. Tired. Eyeballs strained.

ETA: I also only wrote one story so y'all can check me off your spreadsheets. ;)

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Well folks, my story got guessed and that means I'm out! Too bad I wrote only *one* story. Yep, but it's been fun to share the experience with all you talented people. That's it for me with my *one* story, so guess I'll have to wait till next year!

But...but Cobra hasn't crossed you off the list.

*stares at you intently, watching for any twitches*

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
The person who repeatedly talked about writing multiple stories might have written multiple stories?! What a tweest!

Exactly.

~Winks, who may be all tra-la-la-la-la but is ready to reign in terror with her shineyyyy scythe over anyone who tries to take advantage of her gullibility

- - - Updated - - -

Says the person who wrote at least one extra story...

:roll: