The 2017-2018 Sekrit Solstice Sci-Fi Fantasy Story Swap

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Just read all the excerpts and I stand by my earlier announcement that I want to read them ALLLLLL!

I think it's just going to be random dart flinging for the most part - at least from me. I have absolutely no clue for any that I didn't already know before the guessing went up! LOL

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Gah, such great excerpts! I'm already compiling my list of one's I want to request.

Question: When someone guesses you with a story is it still okay to send a rep saying whether they're right or wrong (or just that I'm flattered :p) before Cobra says it in the thread? I remember we said it was okay last year, but just wanted to be sure it hadn't changed before I rep anyone.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I'm another one who'd prefer specific requests and emailing. :)

Guessing thread... Not sure if I'll participate, but I will definitely check the first post to see if/when I'm guessed, and who nailed me. That's my favourite part of the guessing thread, to be honest... Yes. I'm weird. :tongue

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As a newbie, I don't like my chances of guessing anyone, but hey, maybe I might get lucky.

Well, you're tied for the lead right now, so I'd say your chances are pretty good!

And now every guess I make is a Red Herring. Mwahahahaha!

*is tempted to ask for a Red Herring story next season*

That's a lot of stories! And since there are what, 20 more stories than writers.... the math makes my head hurt a little. Watching the first darts get thrown at the wall is entertaining though.

I feel ya'. Not to mention, there are another 50 that were NOT for the guessing thread.

Last edited:

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
:Rips up racing ticket, throws it in the air:

The Goat...Beaten by the Goat...

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I missed one of the bonus stories, so it's now up there. Story #76, Post 130.

Sorry about that. Sensory overload today, I suppose.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Maggie's already guessed twice? I'm already guessed once? I've barely looked at them!

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
*pours Cobra some wine* :Hail:You totally deserve a trophy or something, Cobra. Putting up that many excerpts is enough to fry anyone's brain... and wear their fingers down to little nubs.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*pours Cobra some wine* :Hail:You totally deserve a trophy or something, Cobra. Putting up that many excerpts is enough to fry anyone's brain... and wear their fingers down to little nubs.

Ha! I'll take it. And thanks. It's a little time consuming on occasion, but it's a labor of love. Absolutely worth it when we get to this point and we see all the excitement with guessing and calls to read stories.

PastyAlien

Space butthole
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
helfrich.ca
I'm on vacay (trying to reduce my pastiness on a beach but burning the fuck out of my fish-belly hide instead AS PER USUAL), otherwise I would have gushed earlier over the two--TWO!--stories I recieved. How I love my stories! *pets the stories* One of my gifts was a novella, the other a flash piece; they are so different, and so perfect. I'm itching to gush over specifics, but I guess for now all I can say is THANK YOU SO MUCH MY PRECIOUSSSSS GIFTERS. You are awesome.

And thank you, Cobra, for the gobsmacking amount of work it must have been to herd Sisyphusers and distribute SO MANY stories. I mean, WTF peeps. Did y'all take the writing crack or what? Damn. You sharing? *wants*

*wanders over to guessing thread* *boggles*

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
I'm another one who'd prefer specific requests and emailing. :)

Guessing thread... Not sure if I'll participate, but I will definitely check the first post to see if/when I'm guessed, and who nailed me. That's my favourite part of the guessing thread, to be honest... Yes. I'm weird. :tongue

I'm usually one of the first guessed, but not so far this time. I do know who wrote four of the stories - the one I wrote, the one I beta-read and the two I was gifted. None of them have been guessed yet.

I also find it interesting to see who thinks my story is someone else's or who thinks I wrote ones I didn't!

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, guessing thread.

At this point I'm just hoping for time to read the excerpts. Guessing is completely out lol

Sue77

Registered
Reaction score
Yes!!! And all the different styles this year, with poems, 2nd person pov, that chat room formate, the diary ones. I'm enjoying taking my time reading the thread and being just so proud of my writing family!!:snoopy:

Oh I so agree with you Mary Love and with Paddismac. I've not manage to read them all yet, but what a fantastic selection!

I've started guessing...

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Oh! And my memory is terrible lately, so I can't recall whether I thanked second gifter for the bonus story. So thank you! Short and sweet (well, as sweet as the end of the world *can* be, anyway), and definitely something I can empathise with. :)

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I have a bunch I can't guess, due to betaing and gifting.

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a little surprised to have not been IDd yet. Maybe I did a better job with my excerpt than I thought. Of course, Day 2 of The Guessing is still still young. ;) :)

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone else get extremely flattered when you're guessed for the wrong excerpt? Like "wow, you think I'm capable of that goodness?" kind of flattered?

Anna_Hedley

Fuelled by tea and crumpets.
Registered
Reaction score
I was the last guessed last year because I'm an internet shut-in who rarely interacts with anybody. I wonder if it'll be the same this year. :D

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone else get extremely flattered when you're guessed for the wrong excerpt? Like "wow, you think I'm capable of that goodness?" kind of flattered?
Yes, it's heartwarming and the prospect of it also helps me join sysiphus year after year. :e2cloud9: Even if most of it is competely circumstantial.

I was the last guessed last year because I'm an internet shut-in who rarely interacts with anybody. I wonder if it'll be the same this year. :D
Same here on all acounts. I'm not here often enough and have not shared much of my writing, which gives people precious little go on for guessing. Or maybe that was my diabolical plan all along... :evil