The 2017-2018 Sekrit Solstice Sci-Fi Fantasy Story Swap

Justobuddies

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Registered
Reaction score
I WAS going to joke and ask if I could do my story in gifs but that doesn't involve words,

Personally, this would have been absolutely awesome to receive.

*wonders if he could tell a bonus story with gifs then remembers he's only halfway done with the actual word story*

As always, knowing Cobra is a flexible man helps tremendously.

Does Cobra know you spy on him during yoga?

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
I'll get my mom's eyeballs to give it a last check and be sure there aren't any atrocious typos or missing word but other than that...I think I'm done! Eeeeeeeep!

:snoopy::snoopy::snoopy:

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
^ :snoopy:

ETA: I don't think I'm gonna be able to keep my word about not sending Cobra another update; I corrected a typo and added a bit to the story. But I'ma wait for just a bit and not rush into re-sending like I done did already.

Last edited:

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't mind saying, two years on, that I am probably a (the?) reason the radio silence rule was implemented. (Sorry Cobra - I know now it's an anxiety thing. ;.; ) Now at least I know that extensions are the norm rather than the exception and y'all are serious about not taking this too seriously.

For the record, you're not.

Emoticon: Winking Face.

Does Cobra know you spy on him during yoga?

And you're welcome.

^ :snoopy:

ETA: I don't think I'm gonna be able to keep my word about not sending Cobra another update; I corrected a typo and added a bit to the story. But I'ma wait for just a bit and not rush into re-sending like I done did already.

You're all good, Ari!

Last edited:

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
One of these days my brain will be able to word again. I promise.

In the meantime I have lots of scenes mentally written, but the getting-them-onto-paper (so to speak) part is proving difficult.

(I do seem to have made it most of the day sans fever so maybe things are on an upswing. We'll see.)

Justobuddies

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Registered
Reaction score
One of these days my brain will be able to word again. I promise.

In the meantime I have lots of scenes mentally written, but the getting-them-onto-paper (so to speak) part is proving difficult.

(I do seem to have made it most of the day sans fever so maybe things are on an upswing. We'll see.)

Sans Fever is my new favorite font.

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
I figured out what was wrong with this particular scene that's been giving me so many problems. Can't believe it took me two weeks to figure out the flaw.

Now it will take another two weeks to figure out how to fix it.

I still have two weeks, right?

RIGHT???

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
*plot bunny wiggles nose*

God dammit.

*hurls carrots toward Wink's cabin*

*sets up the invisible fence around Wink's cabin, trapping the carrot-inebriated bunnies*

*walks away whistling innocently*

:rant: I'll have you know I tripped over the damn carrots.

Seriously, I tripped over my own shoelaces leaving the grocery store tonight. Cracked my knees on the hard floor, groceries scattering everywhere in crazy embarrassing slow-mo. I can't make this stuff up. :gaah

~Winks, who may or may not have made it home before she turned into a small sobbing child, and is now icing her knees and yelling at her husband every time he points out a snowboarder who biffs it. But she does have tea. And soon wine.

*glares at carrots*
*finds slingshot for plot bunnies*
*watches plot bunnies scream and run from gimpy writer*
*mutters in rocking chair*

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Winksie, you're supposed to tie your shoes before you start walking. Makes tripping over the laces much less likely. *gets more ice packs and mulled wine*

tiddlywinks

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Actually, the loop on the one shoe got caught on one of the grommet/higher up hook thingies for tightening laces around ankles on the other shoe (winter snow boots). Which meant when I tried to take a normal step, it meant face plant.

:Soapbox:

Eta: same effect as if someone had tied my shoelaces together as a prank. I swear I'm cursed.

And ever have one of those slow-mo horror realizations that you know what's happened but it's already in motion so all you can think is "oh god this is going to hurt + oh my god EVERYBODY IS GOING TO SEE THIS as my milk goes flying"? Yeah, that.

If anybody is still looking for a plot bunny, there you go.

Last edited:

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, man. THAT sucks when that happens.

I can honestly say I've never had one of those realizations - and I am very content to never have one of those realizations.

Did the milk survive, or did you then need to add insult to injury and buy more?

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Actually, the loop on the one shoe got caught on one of the grommet/higher up hook thingies for tightening laces around ankles on the other shoe (winter snow boots). Which meant when I tried to take a normal step, it meant face plant.

:Soapbox:

Eta: same effect as if someone had tied my shoelaces together as a prank. I swear I'm cursed.

And ever have one of those slow-mo horror realizations that you know what's happened but it's already in motion so all you can think is "oh god this is going to hurt + oh my god EVERYBODY IS GOING TO SEE THIS as my milk goes flying"? Yeah, that.

If anybody is still looking for a plot bunny, there you go.

If it makes you feel any better, I sent milk flying yesterday myself. Put the handcarrier on the self-checkout shelf, started unloading, didn't realize the shelf didn't support the whole carrier and the milk was on the unsupported side. SPLAT.

Luckily, it stayed unexploded, but man, it was loud and kinda embarrassing.

Hope your knees are okay.

Last edited:

tiddlywinks

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Good grief, Maggie. I never realized how treacherous buying milk is! :greenie

Milk survived. It is severely dented, but intact. Unlike my pride >_<

Knees are really going to suck tomorrow. I think I landed the hardest on my bad one...so I'll be digging out the brace, no doubt.

Kitkitdizzi

Don't feed the critters
Registered
Reaction score

That has happened to me with my hiking boots more than once. Summer Job once gave me the call sign Gravity. *Pulls out wine bottle and glasses so we can all forget embarrassment together*
And yeah...I dropped my tub of yogurt in the wine aisle last week...

Edits are going well, buuut I found two potential plot holes. One is a why did they do that? and the other is a why didn't they do that? The former I think I play off with the characters having no idea why the <redacted> is <redacted> instead of <redacted> and hey, sequel plot! The latter I'm not so sure about. I know a way to address it, but it would require so much more story to be added, and this is already longer than I planned *has visions of another Sisyphus turning into a novel* :e2smack:

Sara K.

Registered
Reaction score
I hope your knees are alright, Winks! Those hard floors are no joke.

I am scrapping attempted draft #4. I think I have a vague idea for my next attempt...but just no plot for the idea to sit in. I didn't realise the deadline was so close...but I think it'll be okay. The story might have nothing to do with my prompt, though, at this rate. Each attempt has used an idea inspired by the last attempt, meaning I've gotten caught in some kind of Chinese whispers with the prompt.

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
*wraps Winks in bubblewrap* Stop hurting yourself. *serious face*

I'm happy to say I don't remember falling down in public any time recently. My main grocery store related injury is a recurring one because the smaller grocery carts at Wegmans have these cursed little shelves on the back, right at shin height. I'm sure they're supposed to give you an extra place to put groceries, but their placement makes it so you can't take a full stride without creaming your shins, and I do so nearly every time. I literally cannot count how many deep dark bruises those stupid little shelves have given me, and the thing is, I've never ever seen anyone use them, and I refuse to justify their existence by using them myself. Seriously, if someone was going to get enough groceries that they needed to use it, they'd just get a bigger cart, so why in the name of all that is good on this green earth is that stupid thing there?! I hope I never meet the designer of those carts or I'll be seriously tempted to punch them in the face. ._.