The 2017-2018 Sekrit Solstice Sci-Fi Fantasy Story Swap

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Holy Geebus! I'm suddenly VERY thankful for the generous extension!

I hadn't really considered just how complicated my plot was... and figuring out the logistics of exactly how each plot point will occur (and when) is turning into a nightmare.

So much has to happen yet... some of it could possibly be eliminated to save word count, but that's after the fact. I need to write it in order to cut it!

<sigh> Let the games begin... or continue... or something.

Who's got the liquor?? (Not Pasty... she only brings gin, and gin makes me gassy.) :e2drunk:

*passes vodka*

paddismac

Parasite free since '09
Registered
Reaction score
<dons a brocade smoking jacket and settles into an over-stuffed wing-back, a fine hand-rolled Cuban clutched in the left, a tumbler of scotch in the right (which takes finesse!)>

Wait... I'm supposed to be writing... :rant:

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Ha! Forget the rootbeer and go straight for the Jägermeister!

A few years ago Mr. Aggy gave me a bottle of Blackmaker and it was amazing. Jagermeister is more licorice than sassafras if I remember correctly.

In SSSFFSS news, my story is just under 13k. Going to take a nap and tackle a bit more of it, I think.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
Okay, based on feedback so far, I propose we slip the due date from 28 Feb to March 12th. That'll give everyone just under 3 weeks plus allows for a weekend to spit-shine stories as needed.

What say you all?
I love you.

I love you.

:thankyou:

Work has been so stressful that every time I sit down to write, I just freeze up and think about work some more.

I finally have a reprieve and I actually got about 1000 words last night, but I had serious doubts about my ability to put out anything worthy of my giftee.

Mary Love

Registered
Reaction score
Taking a little break from my story to bask in extension glory. Anyone looking for a beta, I'm available!

ETA: also, wouldn't mind getting more opinions on my monster story, (18k words) if anybody is done already...

Last edited:

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
I have some Glenmorangie if anyone would like some. Sadly not the $600 a bottle stuff, but it's still a nice drink. :e2drunk:

I too am available for beta should anyone need it.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Side note!

Don't worry that your story isn't "good" enough. Everyone here will be absolutely DELIGHTED to have a story written just for them. That's the fun of it. It's like getting your own handmade scarf, but with words instead of yarn.
Do your best, have some fun, and stop worrying.

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Okay, based on feedback so far, I propose we slip the due date from 28 Feb to March 12th. That'll give everyone just under 3 weeks plus allows for a weekend to spit-shine stories as needed.

What say you all?

*peers blearily up from five more shiny new gigantic sharknado RFPs at work that are killing Winks off...

THERE'S AN EXTENSION?

:snoopy:

SPARKLES FOR EVERYONE!!!!

LOL Every time you post an update, Aggy, you've got more scenes to write! I reckon you need to send some of those bunnies to Winks if you ever hope to finish. :)

I heard that.

No sparkles for you!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Huh... I drank scotch for the past couple of months, but today bought some bourbon instead. I must say, it was a welcome change! (And no, I'm not drinking the "good stuff"... Cheapest bottle in the store for poor unemployed me...) There was a time when I drank a lot of vodka, but lately, nope. Whatever can be mixed with cola. :)

Wait, is this the Sisyphus thread? Huh... I seem to have misplaced the AW pub... *sigh* :tongue

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Huh... I drank scotch for the past couple of months, but today bought some bourbon instead. I must say, it was a welcome change! (And no, I'm not drinking the "good stuff"... Cheapest bottle in the store for poor unemployed me...) There was a time when I drank a lot of vodka, but lately, nope. Whatever can be mixed with cola. :)

Wait, is this the Sisyphus thread? Huh... I seem to have misplaced the AW pub... *sigh* :tongue

That's what you get for drinking bourbon, Cliffy. :tongue

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
You wound me deeply, wordy bird.

*drags sparkly scythe in dejection back to her shadowy writing ledge*

I'll make an exception for you, Sparkles McTiddly. :Hug2: YOU need your sparkles. Why, without them, you'd just be a bog-standard reaper (unless you're being schmoo'd).