The 2017-2018 Sekrit Solstice Sci-Fi Fantasy Story Swap

shortstorymachinist

The score is still Q to 12!
Registered
Reaction score
I'll make an exception for you, Sparkles McTiddly. :Hug2: YOU need your sparkles. Why, without them, you'd just be a bog-standard reaper (unless you're being schmoo'd).

Bog-standard reaper...bah!

I think "Bog-standard reaper" would make an excellent addition to "Plot Bunny Purveyor." And that's nothing against you, Winks! Bogs are great! All that lovely peat.

ETA: To clarify, I take it to mean you're the kind of reaper usually found in bogs, as opposed to the smog-smothered city or moorland varieties.

Last edited:

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
I think "Bog-standard reaper" would make an excellent addition to "Plot Bunny Purveyor." And that's nothing against you, Winks! Bogs are great! All that lovely peat.

All that lovely peat, just waiting for you to fall in so they can cover you and preserve you for future generations to find and autopsy to find out what your last meal was?

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
I actually like the ring of bog-standard reaper.

It reminds me of my monster under the bed who wanted to retire to a nice bog somewhere.

And bog + peat = we managed to circle back to the scotch discussion. If one were to squint very very hard.

shortstorymachinist

The score is still Q to 12!
Registered
Reaction score

It reminds me of my monster under the bed who wanted to retire to a nice bog somewhere.

And bog + peat = we managed to circle back to the scotch discussion. If one were to squint very very hard.

Or be on their fifth scotch.

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score

I'm all for scotch... but not a huge fan of the really peaty ones.

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Mucho relief, particularly as day T-6 was Migraine Wednesday for me yesterday. I promise my recipient ... still a giant chaotic mess, but one that has had at least one editing pass.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Side note!

Don't worry that your story isn't "good" enough. Everyone here will be absolutely DELIGHTED to have a story written just for them. That's the fun of it. It's like getting your own handmade scarf, but with words instead of yarn.
Do your best, have some fun, and stop worrying.

This.

The Shadow is wise.

Heed the Shadow.....

Justobuddies

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Registered
Reaction score
WELL, I've had scotch that was so pete-y they built a basilica on it.

ETA *realizes joke is awful*

*regrets*

*returns to dejected sisyphus writing corner to type sad words*

Last edited:

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
WELL, I've had scotch that was so pete-y they built a basilica on it.

ETA *realizes joke is awful*

*regrets*

*returns to dejected sisyphus writing corner to type sad words*

That was both an intelligent and very stupid pun. Dads everywhere are guffawing. :)

paddismac

Parasite free since '09
Registered
Reaction score
I've already started obsessing over my excerpt for the guessing thread. I'm thinking maybe I haven't written it yet. I don't want to use the opening, and so far, other scenes that I'm particularly fond of are either too long or make no sense out of context... too dependent on things that happened before... <sigh> Maybe that doesn't matter. :Shrug:

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
It does not m-a-a-a-tter. <g> I didn't use the opening this year and the excerpt I used makes little sense out of context. :greenie

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
M-a-a-a-tter. I think that was a sheep! :greenie

Weel, not perzackly—the little fellers at my brother's house go m-a-a-a. Got a lamb next door that goes B-Baaaa. (Mebbe we should tell 'em. Also, yeah, they all stutter.)

Ya know, "senseless, out of context excerpt" puts us on the radar for being guessed early!

I dunno. Maybe. Maybe, not. Last two years, I gave hints that were dead giveaways. No dice 'til _Riv_ took a chance. Also, one or both of us could be lyin'—and that's all the hintin' I'ma doin' this year.

paddismac

Parasite free since '09
Registered
Reaction score
I just want someone to guess me besides that pesky PastyAlien! Ya hear that Pasty?? Get yer slimy probes outta my head, or wherever you stick 'em to get your information!:e2tongue: (LMAO! I was gonna use this one :e2moon: but considering I was talking about probes...)

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
I just want someone to guess me besides that pesky PastyAlien! Ya hear that Pasty?? Get yer slimy probes outta my head, or wherever you stick 'em to get your information!:e2tongue: (LMAO! I was gonna use this one :e2moon: but considering I was talking about probes...)

At least you probably won't be guessed first or second. 'S what I get for having a certain voice. SOMEONE's already told me she's gunning for me, and I'd put money on her getting me, too XD Non-Sisyphus beta readers are dangerous to the guessing thread.