The 2017-2018 Sekrit Solstice Sci-Fi Fantasy Story Swap

Hoplite

Return of the Coffee Shield
Registered
Reaction score
Apparently I'm slightly leaning more Ravenclaw than Gryffindor, with small doses of the other two. Granted there were a few questions I didn't even know what it was talking about so it was a guess.

I totally thought I was going to come up Snake House.

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
I went to high school in Vermont. They didn't sort us into houses.

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
I'm not even into Harry Potter and I took the quiz. *is a Hufflepuff* Pretty sure that's the HP version of being a hobbit, which I very much am, I just don't have curly hair or hairy feet. :p

themindstream

Registered
Reaction score
I took the Pottermore test at one point and got sorted into Slytherin (I would have guessed Ravenclaw). There it was described as ambition but JA's description seems to fit better.

But while I can be self-centered, I am pretty fundamentally nice and I at least try for good. If I were a character in the Potterverse I'd be a pretty quiet background character who didn't care much for the social scene or inter-House competition.

Last edited:

Jade Rothwell

rolling dice
Registered
Reaction score
I alternate between really being into HP and being completely sick of it. I think I like the world and characters more than the plot or anything specific about JK's writing.

I'm not even into Harry Potter and I took the quiz. *is a Hufflepuff* Pretty sure that's the HP version of being a hobbit, which I very much am, I just don't have curly hair or hairy feet. :p

*high fives* I would definitely be a hobbit, too. I DO have hair feet, but my hair is sadly not curly XD

I took the Pottermore test at one point and got sorted into Slytherin (I would have guessed Ravenclaw). There it was described as ambition but JA's description seems to fit better.

But while I can be self-centered, I am pretty fundamentally nice and I at least try for good. If I were a character in the Potterverse I'd be a pretty quiet background character who didn't care much for the social scene or inter-House competition.

*casually links to comic about exactly that*

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com

Gryffindor is for brave people, Ravenclaw for the smart people, Slytherin for the ambitious people, and Hufflepuff for LITERALLY EVERYONE ELSE because Helga Hufflepuff was like "why are you guys making 11-year-olds pick a single trait to define themselves? They barely know how to tie their shoes."

Last edited:

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
I always seem to get sorted into Gryffindor. But one of those more complex tests that looks at overall composition had me as nearly equal parts Gryffindor, Slytherin, and Ravenclaw, with a teensy bit of Hufflepuff.

Aggy, yes, smart and stabby :p

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the birthday wishes, gang!

I'm pretty lucky to spend it with you all.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
I know nothing about Harry Potter. But spouse-face says I'm the poster child for Gryffindor.

I'll just take their word for it. And, y'know, hope it's not an insult. :tongue

themindstream

Registered
Reaction score
I know nothing about Harry Potter. But spouse-face says I'm the poster child for Gryffindor.

I'll just take their word for it. And, y'know, hope it's not an insult. :tongue

Gryffindor values bravery and the heroes of the series are from Gryffindor so he's putting you in good company.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
So what I'm hearing is ... I'm stubborn in belief. And maybe don't think about the long term impact of my actions. :ROFL:Yeah ... no. Sounds like me.

ETA: Also, spouse's pronouns are singular they/their. Please and thank you. :greenie:

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
Lol, I coincidentally took the Pottermore test just yesterday (before the topic came up here).

Our receptionist talked us into it, because she was sorted as a Hufflepuff, didn't want to be a Hufflepuff, created another profile to take the test again with different answers, and STILL got sorted as a Hufflepuff.

She was like, "if you guys take it and one of you is a Hufflepuff too, I'll be happier about it."

Turns out all three of us are Ravenclaws.

Don't feel bad for her, though. We all agreed afterward (herself included) that really, she's a Slytherin who was trying to cheat on the test in order to get into Gryffindor or Ravenclaw because she felt like those had the most prestige.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm Ravenclaw, too.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
I took an unofficial test on Buzzfeed that basically ripped the questions straight from Pottermore and got Hufflepuff. Okay, cool. That's pretty much exactly where I expected to land.

Then I go to Pottermore and take the same damn test and get Gryffindor? Hell. I'm a Hufflepuff through and through. Whatever happened to the Sorting Hat taking your own preferences into account?

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
I got Slytherin. It surprised me until my BFF pointed out a few of my lesser known, well hidden traits. Apparently I can be very cutthroat and protective of those in my circle. So yeah, I'll go with the house of serpents.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't even think about the qualities associated with it, just internally sorted myself into Slytherin. Years later, Pottermore agreed. Anyways, we're all pretty Hufflepuff in the end sometimes.

Got rained in. When's the guessing?

Last edited:

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
I think we're waiting on a story to be delivered and then Cobra will start assembling the guessing thread. (I suspect I will not be very active there as I have to ration my internet time.)

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
I think we're waiting on a story to be delivered and then Cobra will start assembling the guessing thread. (I suspect I will not be very active there as I have to ration my internet time.)

I don't even know where to start guessing with 120+ stories. Looking forward to the attempt, though.

themindstream

Registered
Reaction score
I'm indisposed at the moment to find it, but someone find that Why Hufflepuff is the Best article?