Net Neutrality

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
> {...} the government regulating what websites you can or can't see,

Which is false.

> {...} the net neutrality laws prevent Netflix from paying for higher bandwidth.

Just ask your uncle how he would feel if the left-most lane of every freeway in the country was reserved for the exclusive use of FedEx delivery trucks.

-cb

Last edited:

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
The Senate voted 52-48 today to reinstate net neutrality regs, but it's only a first step on a relative long shot process. Still, it's a step and I''m so desperate for good consumer news, I'm clinging to this tiny scrap of something.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
The Senate voted 52-48 today to reinstate net neutrality regs, but it's only a first step on a relative long shot process. Still, it's a step and I''m so desperate for good consumer news, I'm clinging to this tiny scrap of something.

Me three.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Net Neutrality is now dead.

Link

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Jesus. The level of sleaze, dishonesty, and bad faith at work to get us here has been astonishing. But at least Pai got an NRA medal for his effort.

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Ditto, New Jersey.

Call your state houses, folks.

Or your tourism commissions. 'Cause nothings says Don't Come To Our State like a good throttling.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Not just tourism. I imagine this would also discourage businesses that might be starting up, or thinking to moving to a state.

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Totally. People have to reach out to any government-tied entities that will have a vested interest in addressing the issue.

Tourism is an industry to reach out to now, since it's currently the travel/holiday season for most states.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Never say dead, but still in need of work: Comcast-funded Democrats attack net neutrality

Demand Progress campaign "FOUR Democrats who have gotten money from Big Cable still aren't on board."
The four Democrats threatening to kill the Save the Internet Act are Reps. G.K. Butterfield of North Carolina, Tom O'Halleran of Arizona, Tony Cárdenas of California, and Kurt Schrader of Oregon. And Darren Soto of Florida is a co-sponsor but is making noise about cutting deals with the Big Cable companies.

It's obvious why these Democrats are waffling on net neutrality now. It's not that their constituents oppose net neutrality or that they suddenly realized that it might not be good policy.

If those are your reps, you all know what to do.

Last edited:

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
FFS. I hear 'Tony Cárdenas' and I instinctively tense up, can't even remember why. Thinks he's in the Valley.