Changing the ebook sample

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
The ebook sample for my first book doesn't include the prologue. At the time I didn't feel I had much of a say in that decision, but at this point I'd like to ask the publisher if they'd restore the prologue and redistribute the sample to ebook retailers.

The problem is the book came out in early 2016 and isn't on the publisher's radar anymore. Basically, I'm afraid it'd be rude of me to ask - from my inexperienced perspective, updating an ebook sample shouldn't be terribly complicated, but I know the people involved tend to be crazy busy, and I don't want to ask for something that's really unreasonable. (I don't mind if they say they can't do it - well, I sort of mind, but ykwim :) - but I don't want to waste time and/or look like I'm being a brat about it.)

Has anybody dealt with this? Any thoughts?

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I've dealt with it from the IT perspective, and it's really not that hard. It's less than two minutes to change the metadata and sample field—if you've got all the data in front of you.

So if you can convince your editor to pass the request with the correct information including what the sample should be to the person/department, it's not hard.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I've dealt with it from the IT perspective, and it's really not that hard. It's less than two minutes to change the metadata and sample field—if you've got all the data in front of you.

So if you can convince your editor to pass the request with the correct information including what the sample should be to the person/department, it's not hard.

Thank you! Now I just have to convince them it's a good idea. :)