• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for beta readers for a Crime/?. 88k novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daggilarr

Registered
Reaction score
I would like to get some readers for my book Stormy Weather. I have posted the opening scene in SYW. Maybe take a look and see what you think. I felt the feedback I got on that bit was very positive.

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?332887-First-scene-from-my-book-Stormy-Weather

I am happy with any level of feedback you are happy to provide.

If you have something of a similar genre you want read, I would be happy to reciprocate.

Any questions PM me.

Antipode91

Registered
Reaction score
Would it possible if you could offer a kind of summary for the book? Or perhaps a query letter?

Just curious what the story is about, to see if I'd be interested :) Because, if so, I'll gladly read it.

Daggilarr

Registered
Reaction score
Set in London, this story revolves around Dick, a recovering addict in his early forties. He meets and falls for a woman he encounters in a recovery meeting. It turns out she has a problem and she asks Dick to help her get out of a mess she is in.

Dick who’s besotted is more than ready to help. He enlists the help of a friend with some interesting skills and between them, they discover more than they had at first imagined.

Hope this helps

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He may be called Dick in the story but, when talking about the story, Richard reads a lot better than Dick.

Daggilarr

Registered
Reaction score
He may be called Dick in the story but, when talking about the story, Richard reads a lot better than Dick.

I may change his name to Richard throughout. I am considering Rico actually.

zoli1

Registered
Reaction score
I would be happy to give your book a read. I live and work in London if that will be any help at all. I would appreciate if you read my mystery in exchange but I am happy to read your regardless.

Daggilarr

Registered
Reaction score
I am in the middle of a flurry of beta reads just now, but one more is always welcome. Not sure how soon I can get to you book. Tell me a bit about it.

zoli1

Registered
Reaction score
No worries if you are busy. I am happy to read yours all the same and it's always good to network. Btw the blurb/sell for my book is a bit of a work in progress but so far it looks something like...

Timothy has a plan. Escape. From a village where everyone knows your name, but chooses not to use it. From a place where everyone knows your face, but it doesn’t fit. Not with these scars.

But something in Timothy is stirring. Something buried in the deepest recesses of his dreams. Something else with an escape plan.

Timothy is about to learn a terrifying truth. You can’t run from the world inside your head and you can’t hide from the one outside it.

As the two worlds bleed into one another, Timothy will question everything he thinks he knows about his life, his past, his village, his family and even himself. As his reality slides, he will discover our worst nightmares are the ones that refuse to stay inside our heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.