The Perfect Tea?

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. Exercised a little google-fu and found a few references to caffeine. Info is much appreciated.

To speak to the actual subject of this thread -- there is some wonderful flavored Rooibus tea (which contains no caffeine) available from Republic of Tea. My favorite is ginger peach rooibos, and DH's is vanilla rooibos.

I've never tried flavoured Rooibos. I'm not a huge fan; I much prefer Honeybush, but it's ok sometimes. Vanilla sounds interesting though, I might have to look into that.

PyriteFool

Registered
Reaction score
I've always enjoyed tea, but last year I spent a holiday season working at David's Tea, and now I'm totally hooked. I black tea is my general go to, though I love oolong and rooibos, along with peppermint and lavender. I can't do green tea, personally. I always find it too "grassy". White tea is nice too! I like tea in the morning since it feels more hydrating than anything else I've tried. Caffeine has always mellowed me out rather than giving energy, so coffee is useless in the morning. Tea perks me right up! Plus, I'm a singer and tea can be a lifesaver when I have a sore throat or I'm feeling dry.

I love any tea with spices. Trader Joe's has a cinnamon peppermint blend I really like, and a friend of mine makes her own chai blend which is to die for! I really need to get that recipe...Chai is just the best.

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Yeah, cutting back on the caffeine was one of the things my husband's doctor suggested too.

Jason

Ideas bounce around in my head
Registered
Reaction score
Not meaning to restarted a somewhat dated thread but Stash has an Oolong that I’ve been sipping for the last several weeks to calm my throat after talking nonstop for 8 straight weeks of training...

Quite soothing and was enjoying a cup during Sunday night football. Thought I’d share...

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Not meaning to restarted a somewhat dated thread but Stash has an Oolong that I’ve been sipping for the last several weeks to calm my throat after talking nonstop for 8 straight weeks of training...

Quite soothing and was enjoying a cup during Sunday night football. Thought I’d share...

I'm partial to silver-tip Oolong; I used to buy from Coffee Bean and Tea leaf. Have to find a new source since they stopped carrying it.

Probably end up using Upton Teas.

PFFlyer

Registered
Reaction score
Just seeing this thread for the first time being new to these forums - I'm an early-morning writer and addicted to coffee when writing, but when I have the day to myself and can get in an extra writing session post-nap in the afternoon, tea is perfect to give a gentle lift and not risking losing sleep later at night. I like Stash and will check out the Oolong, Jason. I also swear by Yogi Honey Lemon Throat Comfort when under the weather.