Podcast? Audio? Visual?

SarahGallgher

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
How likely is a podcast recommended to promote what one does? And I realize that most podcasts are only done in audio, but has anyone ever heard of a visual one? Because I am also considering making a visual podcast with a certain animation program which can have much variety in it, and especially as my targeted audience is mainly children and families.

Curlz

cutsie-pie
Registered
Reaction score
There are plenty of visual podcasts :Thumbs:

Max Vaehling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dreadfulgate.de
There are?! Really? Can you tell me more of what you mean by these?

I think they call them vlogs or vidcasts, if you want to search directly. Anyway, yeah, quite a lot. Just search for your area of interest on YouTube, and I'm sure some will show up. Or Patreon. Their search functions still suck, but it's a good way to get a general feel of the field because a lot of YouTubers use it.

For getting them to cover your stuff, just watch a few episodes of each to see if it's the kind of thing they do and contact them directly.

Southpaw

The squirrel apocalypse is coming!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Late to the party but...I think videos are becoming quite popular. I see them popping up everywhere.

Laer Carroll

Aerospace engineer turned writer
Registered
Temp Ban
Reaction score
Website
LaerCarroll.com
There is an art and a craft to doing a vlog. There are plenty of examples on YouTube. Many of them examples of what NOT to do!

Before establishing your own, and doing so badly you'll be forever avoided, study very closely the ones you feel are done right.

A good place to start is to click on the following link and view some of the vids which come up.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+do+you+make+a+good+youtube+video

mandikaye

Registered
Reaction score
Technically, by definition a podcast is audio. But I know of several folks who do a video (vlog), and then release the audio as a podcast since sometimes it's easier to find time to listen to something but not watch something.