What movies are you looking forward to in 2018?

SarahGallgher

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
What movies will you be looking forward to seeing next year? My own list is as follows:

1. Paddington 2 (I loved the first)
2. Peter Rabbit (will be cool to see it as a feature film)
3. A Wrinkle in Time (I heard this will be a great adaption)
4. Ready Player One (a Spielberg movie with a cool plotline)
5. Sherlock Gnomes (sequel to Gnomeo and Juliet)
6. Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation (sounds like a cool plot from what I've read)
7. Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again! (plot unknown but it's a sequel to the 2008 musical comedy)
8. Christopher Robin (original animated Disney movie)
9. Barbie (a live action Barbie movie at long last!)
10. Smallfoot (an animated movie about a young yeti)

You can list as many movies as you may want in response to my ten in the order of which I plan to see them as they are released.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
I honestly can't say I've seen anything I'm looking forward to, unfortunately, though I've long since lost track of what's coming; the last thing that tempted me to a theater was Wonder Woman. (There are a limited few films I'd like to see on DVD, but there are Family Issues - even when I try watching them on my own in my room...)

I would've said the third How to Train Your Dragon movie, but that's not due until 2019.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Black Panther
Avengers: Infinity War
Pacific Rim: Uprising (I'm iffy on it, the previews looked a little "try hard" but will probably see it anyway)
Deadpool 2
Incredibles 2
Ant Man and the Wasp
Can you tell what kind of movies I like?

Laer Carroll

Aerospace engineer turned writer
Registered
Temp Ban
Reaction score
Website
LaerCarroll.com
I had to look at a list of coming 2018 movies.

-----------------MARCH

Red Sparrow - JENNIFER LAWRENCE. Not only has an action side to it but also room for the kind of emotional resonance that she is so good at adding to a role.
Tomb Raider - Love kick-ass heroines.

-----------------MAY

Solo: A Star Wars Story

-----------------JUNE

Deadpool 2
The Incredibles 2

-----------------JULY

Ant Man and the Wasp - EVANGELINE LILLY as a superhero!
Mama Mia: Here We go Again - Almost anything with MERYL STREEP. Also: ABBA!!!
Alita: Battle Angel female - A fem cyborg kicks butt. What's not to like? Plus Rosa Salazar in the lead role. Who knew that one of my fave CollegeHumor actresses would hit the big time?

Mission Impossible 6 - Maybe we'll get to see Tom Cruise break some of his bones on-camera as he did off-camera.

-----------------AUGUST

The Equalizer 2 - Denzel. nuff said.

-----------------OCTOBER

Venom - Spiderman spinoff. Dubious about it but curious.
The Girl in the Spider's Web - Superhacker badass Lisbeth Salander gets caught up in bad guys' schemes. Look out bad guys.

-----------------NOVEMBER

X-Men: Dark Phoenix - Worth it if for no other reason than to see JENNIFER LAWRENCE as Mystique again.

-----------------DECEMBER

Mary Poppins Returns - On Christmas Day. EMILY BLUNT.

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
Dark Phoenix
Deadpool 2
the Avengers movies
Mary Poppins
the Star Wars movies
Tomb Raider
Venom
I can Only Imagine (my friend is in that movie)
Detective Pikachu

and on a side note: i can't believe they are remaking Overboard. my mum is gonna be ...i dunno....maybe a bit annoyed. it's her fav movie.

VileZero

This is not for you
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of film, so here's what I'll likely see in theaters:

February
God Particle - This is the third Cloverfield film, and I am nuts for that franchise.
Black Panther - I'm a huge Marvel nerd, so this is one of my most anticipated films of 2018.
Annihilation - Haven't read the book, but the cinematography looks breathtaking.

March
Pacific Rim: Uprising -I'm a little hesitant about this, but I adored the first film so I'll give this a shot.
Isle of Dogs - It's a Wes Anderson stop-motion film with an insanely talented cast. I'm all in.
Ready Player One - I love this book, but I'm very nervous about the film. I know Spielberg is directing, but the marketing has been atrocious thus far.

April
The New Mutants - Another stylish X-Men film, this time masquerading as a horror film? Oh, I am SO there.
Super Troopers 2 - I like the first one a lot, but I'm not sure this will live up to lofty expectations.

May
Avengers: Infinity War - My most anticipated film of 2018. In fact, maybe my most anticipated film ever. It's all been leading up to this...
Solo: A Star Wars Story - I'm super hyped for Solo too. I'm a big Star Wars nerd, and it's got an amazing cast. I'm just glad to have Star Wars back in the summertime.

June
Deadpool 2 - Always count me in for more Deadpool. And now with Cable?! I'm so there.
Ocean's 8 - Have you seen the trailer? It looks marvelous. A star-studded cast of kickass ladies doing a heist? Count me in!
Incredibles 2 - This has got to be one of the most anticipated Pixar films of all time, right? I'll be there... with my supersuit!
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - The first trailer left me... concerned. But I really loved Jurassic World, and I get the feeling this might be the surprise hit of the summer.

July
Ant Man & The Wasp - I loved Ant Man, so count me in for more Marvel excellence.
Mission Impossible 6 - I'm a sucker for a good spy flick, and Mission Impossible keeps the hits rolling.

August
The Predator - Love a good Alien/Predator flick, and it's been way too long since the last Predator. I'm very excited for this.

October
Venom - I'm a HUGE Spider-Man fan, and Venom is my favorite villain in his rogues gallery. Bummed this isn't a Marvel film, but I'll still support it. Hope it does Venom justice!

November
X-Men: Dark Phoenix - Every X-Men film is an event, and I'm curious where the franchise will go now that it's back with Disney. This might be the last X film we get for a little while.
The Nutcracker and the Four Realms - I adore The Nutcracker, and this film looks like it's going to do the ballet justice.
Creed 2 - The first Creed was the perfect spinoff from the Rocky series, and I can't wait to see what Michael B. Jordan brings to the role in the sequel.
Wreck-It Ralph 2 - I love a good celebration of video games, and Wreck-It Ralph 2 looks like it'll be every bit as good as the first film.

December
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse - I'm down for an animated Spider-Man film with Miles Morales as the lead. I hope this does super well - the art style looks incredible!
Aquaman - Justice League really revitalized my interest in the DC films, and I love a good James Wan film.
Bumblebee - As stale as the Transformers films have become, sometimes it's fun to just shut your brain off and watch stuff explode.

Hope I can get into some press screenings next year, otherwise... RIP my wallet :cry:

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
i'm looking forward to the Star Wars, Avengers, Deadpool, Dark Phoenix movies....mostly. Oh...and Venom! There might be other lesser movies i'll go see, but those are the ones for sure I'm going to see the first weekend it's out.

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to Top Gun II, Goonies II, and Gremlins III. I think Beetlejuice 2 will be good too. I assume at least one of these will be out this year.

Last edited:

airandarkness

Registered
Reaction score
Black Panther - I can't believe it's coming out so soon, very excited for this
Wrinkle in Time - I'm actually not a huge fan of the book (I read it as an adult), but I am quite excited about the cast and just how pretty the movie looks
Avengers: Infinity War - SO EXCITED
Solo - Kind of nervous we still don't much about this film, but at the same time, it really just needs to be fun and funny to be successful
Ocean's Eight - Also very excited about this cast
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - I'm glad this modern version of the franchise has decided to totally embrace its ridiculousness
Mission Impossible 6 - These movies and the Jack Reacher films are pretty much the only Tom Cruise films I'll still watch...although, now that I think about it, I don't think I've seen the fifth movie
X-Men: Dark Phoenix - I'm hopeful that they'll do a better job with the storyline this time around
The Nutcracker and the Four Realms - No idea what this will be like, but I love Nutcracker retellings
Mary, Queen of Scots - Also a Mary, Queen of Scots geek, so hopefully this will be good too
Fantastic Beasts 2 - I was initially unsure about some of the casting decisions for this, but the cast pics I've seen look pretty good actually