Website
www.alessandrakelley.com

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
https://www.thedailybeast.com/inside-an-alleged-abusive-emo-sex-cult-none-of-these-poor-girls-could-say-no?ref=author

William Control has released multiple albums and toured extensively in the U.S. and U.K., cultivating an image that deals extensively in BDSM themes and imagery. The William Control websites link to his brand, Submit Clothing; a 2015 interview with the musician is titled “Dark Meets Domineering.” But according to accusations made by multiple women, Francis only purported to practice BDSM; in fact, they claim, he physically and emotionally abused women, ordered many of them to get matching tattoos of his initials, and even demanded contracts from his sexual partners or “slaves,” signed in their own blood. An excerpt from a pledge obtained by The Daily Beast reads, “My body is His to use in any way He should choose, and I will never object to any actions He chooses to perform, or have myself perform on Him. There is no limitation to what kind of pain I am willing to endure for my Master.”https://www.thedailybeast.com/insid...e-of-these-poor-girls-could-say-no?ref=author

Last edited:

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
As a general reminder, please don't just link-drop. Add a summary, a short quote, something to provide more context for the link so that people have some idea about what they're clicking.

CWatts

down the rabbit hole of research...
Registered
Reaction score
Last edited:

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Australian feminist poet, novelist, and playwright Dorothy Coade Hewett.

Handed round her two daughters, starting when they were 11 and 13, for sex with all the famous men poets and authors and artists and musicians and playwrights and politicians who visited her household.

This is so sick I don't even know what to say. What kind of person would do this to their children, and what kind of person would take them up on the "offer" of sex with a pre-teen? Evidently many artists, musicians, playwrights and politicians fit the bill. Was every single famous person and wanabee a child molester. Even if some passed on the offer, none of them turned her in.

I'm especially depressed by this one. It's getting so I can't look at any famous person without wondering who they've assaulted (or been complicit in the assault of), and I can't help wondering how many "normal" people would do this kind of thing if they had the opportunity and thought they had impunity.

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Harvey Weinstein faces life in prison on new sexual assault charges.

GOOD!

Harvey Weinstein, whose name has become colloquially synonymous with “sexual predator,” has been charged with two counts of predatory sexual assault. These new charges, along with an additional count of criminal sexual act in the first degree for a forcible sexual act against a woman in 2006, were announced Monday by Manhattan district attorney Cyrus Vance.

What does this mean? For one thing, it adds a third woman’s claims to the existing charges against Weinstein, for which he was arrested in May. (He was then charged on alleged assaults involving two women, one in 2004 and one in 2013.) And another: Predatory sexual assault is a Class A-II felony. It carries a minimum sentence of ten years — and a maximum sentence of life in prison.

Link

RedRajah

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[h=1]Powerful GOP Rep. Jim Jordan accused of turning blind eye to sexual abuse as Ohio State wrestling coach[/h]
Three former wrestlers told NBC News that it was common knowledge that Strauss showered regularly with the students and inappropriately touched them during appointments, and said it would have been impossible for Jordan to be unaware; one wrestler said he told Jordan directly about the abuse.
Former head coach Russ Hellickson, Jordan's mentor, said in a recent video — made by Mike DiSabato, a former wrestler — that Hellickson had told Strauss that he was being too "hands on” with students.
DiSabato, whose allegations against Strauss prompted Ohio State to open its investigation, called Jordan a “liar.”
“I considered Jim Jordan a friend,” DiSabato said. “But at the end of the day, he is absolutely lying if he says he doesn’t know what was going on.”
DiSabato said he reached out to Jordan this year, before going to the university, to tell Jordan that he planned to go public with his allegations. Jordan told him to “please leave me out of it,” DiSabato said. “He asked me not to get him involved.”

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Louis C.K. is back. Who asked for that? Oh, and he brought his Shock-and-Awe with him. You like jokes about the Parkland school shooting? He's got you covered.

They testify in front of Congress these kids…What are you doing? You’re young you should be crazy, you should be unhinged. Not in a suit saying ‘I’m here to tell you…’ Fuck you... You’re not interesting because you went to a high school where kids got shot. Why does that mean I have to listen to you? Why does that make you interesting. You didn’t get shot. You pushed some fat kid in the way and now I gotta listen to you talking?

Hey, let's make fun of teens and gender pronouns! That's always good for a giggle.

[Young people] are just boring. Fucking telling, “You shouldn’t say that.” What are you, an old lady? What are you fucking doing? “Nyeah, that’s not appropriate.” Fuck you! You’re a child! Why aren’t you finger-fucking each other and doing Jell-O shots? Why aren’t you—“You should address me”—they’re like royalty, they tell you what to call them. “You should address me as they/them, because I identify as gender neutral.” Oh, OK. OK. You should address me as “there,” because I identify as a location. And the location is your mother’s cunt.

When in doubt, throw out an ugly and vile word...

And he said, “You need to stop eating ice cream.” I said, “You need to go fuck yourself. And don’t ever touch me again, you old faggot. You old fucking Jewish fag. Get your fucking hands off me.” You’re fucking with my ice cream, I get upset.

...then up the ante even more.

But we started to feel shitty about it, so we changed it to intellectually challenged. What the fuck, it’s—don’t name the kid a thing he can’t say out loud. An intellectual challenge is can you translate Shakespeare into Latin and make it rhyme. These kids are not intellectually challenged, they’re intellectually fuckin’ done. They are! It’s not their sport! But we decided we didn’t want to call them retarded because we call each other that, so we went back to Nelson and we said, “Listen, Nelson, I have something to tell you. You’re not retarded anymore.”

“You mean I’m cured?”

“No, not at all. We just don’t call you that, ’cause it’s a terrible thing to call somebody.”

“But you called me that with—”

“Yes, but not anymore, because we shouldn’t.”

And he’s trying to wrap his head around this, which is difficult for Nelson, ’cause he’s fucking retarded.

Hey, that's pretty funny! Amirite?

Louis C.K.'s return will be welcomed by some (the audience at the performance seemed to be diggin' it) and rejected with disgust by other. With no apology and no regret for the pain and anguish he caused to the women he jerked off in front of.

It's good to be a man in a patriarchy. You can treat women however you want and after doing a little penance in the time-out corner, you're right back to the same old shit.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Louis C.K. is back. Who asked for that? Oh, and he brought his Shock-and-Awe with him. You like jokes about the Parkland school shooting? He's got you covered.

His jokes come off as a projection of the guilt felt by an entire generation that has forced their own children to be the "adults in the room."

Seriously, the baby boomers have turned out to be a perpetually juvenile generation, and my own (gen X) really hasn't been any better. Not saying there aren't plenty of individuals in both generations who aren't man boys or girl women etc., but the general thrust has been towards a much more "childish," culture, whether we're talking entertainment or political discourse. It's got to be embarrassing and shaming to see teens standing up and talking like grown ups about this issue when the "adults" are insisting that they have the right to buy AR-15's to make them less afraid of Black people or to go play with their "toys" in the desert like these https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXdfa8raOo8. It's also easier to lash out at young people who stand up and talk about sexual assault when the "adults" are clinging to their own fond memories of drunken frat parties and sexual "conquests" that would be considered assaults today.

Children lash out when they're embarrassed and shamed.

Last edited:

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We've agreed that if they book him where we live (with two whole comedy clubs!), we're picketing this sumbitch.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ryan Adams hurts. I think his music is brilliant, and he's got talent.

I'm almost afraid to have heroes anymore. I've been trying to have convos with trusted friends about processing admiration for people amid the nasty things they do. Rabid defense becaue they're talented or have done good things isn't the answer, nor is trashing everything they've ever said or done. This is true for celebrities as well as ordinary people I know. But, few people even want to have the conversation. Some do, and as soon as I feel like I'm making some progress something happens to pull me back. There are no "answers," of course, but this has been a particularly tough issue for me to grow through.

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
The whole Louis CK return thing....was recorded without his consent (probably also a violation of the club's rules) and posted on the internet. His act was still in progress of being put together. It would be like some stranger taking the first draft of your novel without your approval and posting it on a blog where anyone can read it and then trash it. That material was never intended to leave the room. Regardless of what anyone thinks of CK or his material it was a shitty thing for that audience member to do.

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Ryan Adams hurts. I think his music is brilliant, and he's got talent.

I'm almost afraid to have heroes anymore. I've been trying to have convos with trusted friends about processing admiration for people amid the nasty things they do. Rabid defense becaue they're talented or have done good things isn't the answer, nor is trashing everything they've ever said or done. This is true for celebrities as well as ordinary people I know. But, few people even want to have the conversation. Some do, and as soon as I feel like I'm making some progress something happens to pull me back. There are no "answers," of course, but this has been a particularly tough issue for me to grow through.

Do you have admiration for the heroic low-wage earner who is always careful to bag raw meat separate from fresh produce?

Perhaps because I have always known that people who are So Perfect in public can be Exactly The Opposite in private, but I don't understand admiring people just because they have a flashy/exciting/topical job.

There is nothing wrong with identifying anti-social behavior(s) in people who have a more-than-average share of public capital. There is nothing wrong with denying them that capital and its benefits. If they rehabilitate their attitudes and actions, then the door is open to rehabilitate their reputation.

RedRajah

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The whole Louis CK return thing....was recorded without his consent (probably also a violation of the club's rules) and posted on the internet. His act was still in progress of being put together. It would be like some stranger taking the first draft of your novel without your approval and posting it on a blog where anyone can read it and then trash it. That material was never intended to leave the room. Regardless of what anyone thinks of CK or his material it was a shitty thing for that audience member to do.

It's still the material he chose to put out in a public venue -- not a private journal locked under his damn pillow.

JJ Litke

People are not wearing enough hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com

No, that analogy doesn't work at all. No one sneaked into his home or hacked his computer to steal files. He went out in public, got on a stage, and said a lot of disturbingly offensive shit. Then he said it again from another stage a few days later. Even if no one recorded it, it was going to get out, and he is not so stupid that he didn't know that.

This isn't some poor guy who doesn't know any better getting duped or cheated. This is a "when someone tells you who they are, believe them" thing. He's telling us—not for the first time, either—who he is, and it's ugly.

CWatts

down the rabbit hole of research...
Registered
Reaction score
Former Trump campaign staffer sues, alleging that Trump kissed her without consent

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/25/politics/alva-johnson-donald-trump-lawsuit/index.html

"As Defendant Trump spoke, he tightened his grip on Ms. Johnson's hand and leaned towards her. He moved close enough that she could feel his breath on her skin," the lawsuit states. "Ms. Johnson suddenly realized that Defendant Trump was trying to kiss her on the mouth, and attempted to avoid this by turning her head to the right. Defendant Trump kissed her anyway, and the kiss landed on the corner of her mouth."

To be honest, I'm mostly surprised Trump had a woman of color campaigning for him who wasn't Omarosa.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.