AW is an Amazon Affiliate

Buy Scrivener 3 for macOS (Regular Licence)

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Currently Inked: What Pen and Ink are you currently using?

Threaded View

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin SlowRain's Avatar
    Once I started with fountain pens, I realized how much I had hated writing with a pen just because I had to put so much pressure on ballpoint pens. A couple of times I've been without my fountain pen at work, and I dread when I have to write with ballpoints now.

I'm a fan of the Pilot Metropolitan (MR2) as well. I now have two. I replaced my Platinum Preppy with a TWSBI Diamond 580AL (silver) because I didn't like the scratchiness or the flow from the Preppy. The Preppy is an okay pen as a starter to see if you can handle the rigmarole of fountain pens, but I'd recommend the Metropolitan any day.

I really like that Monteverde California Teal. I've standardized around green for my all-purpose ink. I'll have to keep that one in mind when my 60+ml of Pelikan 4001 Brililant Green runs out.

And here's the whole family. I haven't played around with paper too much yet, just Rhodia, Life (L!FE) Noble, and Tomoe River. My preference is Rhodia's 90g/m2 ivory paper (see the pic above and left below).

Last edited by SlowRain; 03-28-2018 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Clarity